Re: BF4 Sound issues online

by Dirty-Starfish

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 Sound issues online

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to play BF4 online and about midway through the game my sound will turn off.  The xbox 360 sound still works and my chat still works... but the game sound turns off.  The only way to fix it is by going to the dashboard and relaunching the game.  This gets a bit tedious when it happens every other game.  Are there any known fixes or patches coming?

Please send any response to [edit: email address removed]  Thank you.

Message 1 of 10 (2,667 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Everyone is getting this; the developers however are giving no comments about whether or not it will be fixed.

Right now, the game is extremely poorly constructed and nobody is enjoying it.

Wait 2 or 3 months before they patch some more and break some other aspects in the process... EA.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (2,692 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Everyone is getting this; the developers however are giving no comments about whether or not it will be fixed.

Right now, the game is extremely poorly constructed and nobody is enjoying it.

Wait 2 or 3 months before they patch some more and break some other aspects in the process... EA.

Message 2 of 10 (2,693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess I was just curious if I was the only one.  Sucks that it isn't just a disc issue.  Sucks even more that this game is still in Alpha.

Thanks for the reply

Message 3 of 10 (2,639 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im playing on pc with a digital copy and having same problem

Message 4 of 10 (2,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have it on the PS4 on a downloaded copy, same issue altough it tends to be bits of sound at a time.

For example the sound of my footsteps and other stuff witll go but the gun fire noises are there, really weird...

They need to fix this ASAP it really does **bleep** things up.l

Message 5 of 10 (2,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade/digital edition of BF4 on PS4 and this happens in every Conquest game I play, no sound for the first few minutes of the game then intermittant sound through out the match.

Does anyone with the PS4 bluray version also have this issue? If its just upgraded versions then we should petition EA for a PS4 bluray version of the game as we are not getting the same quality of game despite paying the more for the upgraded version.

Message 6 of 10 (2,167 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Very weird sound issues it makes game play experiance difficult and confusing. EA and Origin fix these sounds! What is the bet settings to use with Bose Companion 2 (external PC speakers that are most likely 5.1) I have tried a variety of combinations using both stero and surround as well as the variety of war tapes, hifi and home stero. There should be one for computer speakers! They are not headphones nor TV or home cinema. 

Message 7 of 10 (2,039 Views)

★★ Novice

My sound does not shut off completly but it will sound muffled until the end of the game sometime.

Message 8 of 10 (2,034 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Let's look at the situation that EA / DICE is in.

They live in a house infested with termites (get it? BUGS!). They know that the house is full of termites and it is not safe to live in the house, but they can not afford to tear down the whole house all at once and rebuild. They are fixing one support beam, and cross members at a time until they can fix the whole house.

Another word, EA / DICE know they have issues with this game and are fixing one item at a time based on the priority of what they deem important.

I am assuming that this is one of their top priority issues, but there are more pressing issues like crashes and "unable to connect to servers" are more important than sound fading in / out. After all, as a business, they wil llose more customers if people can not play the game, then not hearing a foot steps.

If this message helped you or direct you to the right direction, just click the XP box at the bottom right of the message.

XP = Thanks for helping, trying to help, or  what a funny guy.
Accept as solution = This solved my problem!

Message 9 of 10 (2,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same

Message 10 of 10 (1,364 Views)