BF4 Premium Reinstalled, no DLC access

by martwu

Original Post

BF4 Premium Reinstalled, no DLC access

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Just reinstalled BF4 on ORIGIN on a new system build. Baseline game installed fine, but I can't get any DLC servers to start the game.  I have a Premium membership, verified in my EA Origin account page.  WTH? Every time I try to start a game from any server running DLC maps (China Rising, etc), I get a "YOU NEED TO INSTALL THIS EXPANSION" error.  Trouble is, there is no option to install the expansion(s) in ORIGIN.  Moreover, there's even an option to buy it again.  Origin doesn't seem to have a "you-already-have-this" feature.  

Message 1 of 4 (267 Views)

Re: BF4 Premium Reinstalled, no DLC access

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hello @martwu 

1)Remove a game.

2) C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License Delete all of the files in there. Ensure origin is closed when you do this.

3) Go to regedit. (Wndows+R and write regedit)

4) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE=>SOFTWARE=>Wow6432Node=>EA Games and remove a folder  Battlefield 4. (Save changes)

5) Reboot your PC and reboot your Internet (Modem or Router)

6) Download and Install and Test Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 2 of 4 (259 Views)

★ Novice

After uninstalling BF4 through Origin, there was no folder in PROGRAM DATA called "EA Services," nor was there a Registry key under Wow6432Node called "EA Games."  Tried reinstalling anyway, and reset network adapter, and power-cycled modem and router.  Problem still happening.

Message 3 of 4 (247 Views)

Hero

Try the following:

(warning messing with the registry can harm your computer if you are not careful)

1. Log out and exit Origin
    2. Open your Registry Editor (regedit)
    3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4
    4. Check if there is a folder named “Xpack0” under “Battlefield 4
      If yes, there’s a folder -> click on “Xpack0” – on the right pane check if there is a string named “Installed” – the Value data should be “True
      If no, there’s no folder -> right-click on Battlefield 4 -> New -> Key
      – a new folder will be created, name it “Xpack0
      – right-click on Xpack0 -> New -> String Value – name it “Installed
      – on the right-pane, double-click on “Installed“, set Value Data to “True
      asd.jpg
    5. Redo step 4 for Xpack1, Xpack2, Xpack 3 and Xpack4
    6. Exit Registry Editor
    7. Start Origin and Join China Rising Maps

If needed:

• Repair Install BF4
    • Clear browser cache, cookies and temporary files then login to Battlelog

carbonic signature