Re: [BF4] Port 3659 Open But UDP Error Persists

by Los_Grande_Jefes

Original Post

[BF4] Port 3659 Open But UDP Error Persists

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi there,

Many of you have probably heard of this problem.

I can join a game but within seconds the Battlefield executable freezes and I am kicked out with the Error:

"Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open."

Please note, this is happening today. This has never happened before. I last played 3 days ago without a problem. I cannot think of any BF4 or Windows patches that may have caused this problem over this time period. Nobody else has fiddled with our router,- I'm the go-to person for any internet problems in the household.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see in the link below... Port UDP 3659 is open. I logged into our Thomson gateway router myself and configured the open port

http://s30.postimg.org/79uv385vl/OPENUDP.png

Solutions I have tried:

1. Opening multiple ports and restarting both router and my PC

2. Adding new port (inbound/outbound) rules to Windows Firewall

3. Completely disabling Window Firewall

4. Tried both Wifi and Ethernet connection

5. Contacting EA support - no success

I work in IT and I'm clueless.

Help...

Message 1 of 14 (23,739 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Disable Mantle and try Direct X

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF4. Also look at other programs as Fraps, Geforce experience, be sure to turn off the streaming function that is enabled by default ,Raptr, ASRock eXtreme Tuner and xfire are known to make issues as well. And I am sure more programs not in my list yet turn one off at a time and test BF4. Since last patch more programs now give issues :/

Uninstall the HD Audio Driver from the video card driver install add/remove programs. This silly thing makes issues in BF4 for some. Reboot then repair BF4 to be safe.

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

Message 2 of 14 (23,695 Views)

★ Apprentice

NONE of this worked for me either.  Where is DICE?  How come there is no official response to this problem which... I have not met ONE person that didn't have this problem at one point or another.  Nothing you can do about it either.  It just goes away and pops back up later on.  Why isn't DICE responding to this officially?  I have seen this error for YEARS.  Ever since Battlefield 3 and 4.

Message 3 of 14 (22,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

issue just started for me last night. iv been playing this game since beta and iv had issues but not this one.

i manually opend the ports ( where already aopened but setup new protocalls. ) fixed it for a few hours it seemd. then tonight I go to play for a little and i cant even join a server.  this is getting stupid. ea needs to get off thier **bleep** already. 

Message 4 of 14 (21,894 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this SAME problem! I paid for some product that DOES NOT WORK, I'm not satisfied. I'm frustrated, I'm angry and I'm very very stressed. Someone MUST fix this QUICK. My patience is nearly over

Message 5 of 14 (21,534 Views)

★★ Novice

Were speaking to an EA Support rep right now. And hes just ignoring everything we tell him. I say: all ports are open, upnp is off, dmz-host PC configured, static IP's. It all does not matter. He says: Make sure your ports are open. Are your PC's connected by a cable? Which operating system do you use? Well if everything is setup correctly then you dont have a problem right ? My god the ignorance and stupidity of EA support reps is astounding. They do not even take you seriously...

Message 6 of 14 (21,211 Views)

Hero (Retired)

To try and help you all, I did get this error the other night now I do use this set of settings on my game PC so this may help ... So what I did to fix this error is run repair game reboot my PC and ran repair game a second time then the error was gone since then. I hope this can help you guys.

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Message 7 of 14 (21,164 Views)

★ Novice

People people, I have found a fix, disable your Upnp in your modem game and application section. DONE!

Message 8 of 14 (19,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is no "fix" to this problem, it occurs randomly regardless of reinstalls, settings and UDP port open or not.

However, it tends to occur more frequently on servers that are already full.

I have found more bugs and glitches in BF4 after 6 months than 6 years of Morrowind.

Message 9 of 14 (18,364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still?? Why isn't there a fix for this yet!? This game was expensive, I rarely have the opportunity to play and when I do I get this stupid port error that is open and has been opened the entire time... This is my 4th Battlefield and this should just embarrass Battlefield..

Message 10 of 14 (18,320 Views)