Re: [BF4] Player controlled objects (Tows etc) and wreckages lag at distance.

by Hieb

Original Post

[BF4] Player controlled objects (Tows etc) and wreckages lag at distance.

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I've been fiddling with this for a long time now so why not try to ask someone else.

Here's the issue:

-Whenever I shoot a TOW with any vehicle or turret, or a SRAW, it starts lagging severely as soon as it passes 350m. This is very annoying, the Rocket is flying with about 2 updates per second.

-Whenever Vehicles at the same distance are destroyed, they fall down with the same update speed.

-Enemies and Vehicles at distance also update at the same rate, with the game trying to mimic their movements with terrible lag compensation.

And the twist: When I turn "Optimize Bandwidth usage" to off - it gets worse!

My Rig:

Game is installed on a SSD 850 which is really young. Windows is on another SSD and "My Documents", containing the settings is on a HDD.

I've had a completely new Windows 8.1 Setup on solely one SSD and it was just as bad.

Intel i74790k @ 4.6GHz

MSi GTX 1080 

16GB DDR3 1600MhZ

Win 10 Pro

So I have a video of the issue, this is recorded with Bandwidth optimization set to "Off" (the setting that is competitively more viable)

FYI My internet connection is 7 ping to most servers with 50 down and 6 up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x9zlTDHCBA

Additionally, everyone else seems to be experiencing this too.

I can assure you this was different one year ago because I used to play this game competitively in Helicopters and TOWs are a great deal of the business (unfortunately).

Does anyone have an idea what this is caused by?

I'm getting the idea that it might be that most server providers are using less resources than they should for running the game smoothly, because on the test range it is smooth as butter and flies without any complaints!

This is getting really unplayable and I just don't know what to do about it. Hope you guys enjoy having a crack at this one!

Greetings,

Hieb

Message 1 of 9 (1,745 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Bump. Nobody has any idea about this? Come on.

Message 2 of 9 (1,724 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Bump.....

Message 3 of 9 (1,703 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How poor that the "how do I buy premium" question gets answered within seconds, you guys just cater to casuals and not to people who actually made your game what it is.

Message 4 of 9 (1,680 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Hieb sorry for slow replay.

This is indeed an interesting issue, not 100% sure what would cause this. Have you tried different servers that have different servers providers if it's happening on all of them?

The BF4 server on PC are not hosted by us but by 3 party companies like I3d etc. 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 9 (1,621 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This has been tested across all servers by me.
It is an issue on all servers from 30Hz to 144Hz on eps as well as non eps servers.

This is also an issue that is apparent to many other competitive players by the way.

We all would really appreciate if you could look into this!

If there is any way for you guys to host a server in blaze and let me play around in it, i would be a dream come true on the journey to understand this issue. Would be cool to get some dev support for this.

Deleting the "my settings" folder or loading old settings files seems to change how serious that problem is. Went from better to worse to better to worse. (Better not meaning as good as before!)

And now, as said, turning bandwidth optimization to off makes the problem worse, which is completely the opposite of what should happen following the bf4 networking logics.

Message 6 of 9 (1,616 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I thought you guys would at least look into it or something :/

Message 7 of 9 (1,550 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How do I buy premium guys? I want to buy it but cannot find the button

Message 8 of 9 (1,457 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic please read the answers I gave half a year ago, also, how do I buy premium?

Message 9 of 9 (1,358 Views)