BF4 PS4 broken by update 1.24

by A_Rando_Fig

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 PS4 broken by update 1.24

★ Novice

BF4 onps4 is having errors launching once i installed patch 1.24. did not have these issues before installing. Any fixes? Yes my disc is throughly cleaned and i have tried rebuilding the database and a couple of power cycles.

Message 1 of 5 (1,316 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 PS4 broken by update 1.24

Community Manager

Hey @A_Rando_Fig

Are you still having some trouble launching BF4 on PS4?

Have you tried a power cycle yet? Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice). Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game. 

If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, I'd recommend uninstalling it and make sure all files are deleted on your internal hard drive. Then, re-install it on the internal. 

I've seen some others have success installing the game with the PS4 disconnected from the internet and then once fully installed, reconnect the internet to download the updates.

Let me know what's up.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,278 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @A_Rando_Fig

Are you still having some trouble launching BF4 on PS4?

Have you tried a power cycle yet? Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice). Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game. 

If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, I'd recommend uninstalling it and make sure all files are deleted on your internal hard drive. Then, re-install it on the internal. 

I've seen some others have success installing the game with the PS4 disconnected from the internet and then once fully installed, reconnect the internet to download the updates.

Let me know what's up.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please stop giving cookie cutter answers to this problem. YOU HAVE LARGER PROBLEMS WITH THIS 1.24 UPDATE!!!! I have experienced this issue as well. I wanted to get back into BF4. I downloaded it again, installed the the update and could not play the game. I decided to delete everything and reinstall the game. I have done this 3 times. I have power cycled my system 5+ times. I have even completely wiped my ps4 pro and started fresh but still have the same problem. The last thing I have done is to download the game but stopped the 1.24 update and lo and behold the game works just fine.  Countless other of your beloved customers are having the same issue so what is the fix besides power cycling our system?

Message 3 of 5 (1,174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA PLEASE FIX THIS I need to spend my fifa points but I can’t do that when your game is broken and I can’t even play it 

Message 4 of 5 (332 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Thefannymuncher This is a Battlefield forum, the Fifa forums are here if you wanted to create a thread to address the problem you're facing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA/ct-p/fifa

--

As this thread is originally from 2018 I'm also going to close it to prevent further necros.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 5 (323 Views)