Re: BF4 PC stops responding to mouse and keyboard input

by Someonesnamehere

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

OK, solved for me at least....................................

You accidentally hit the ~ key. Hit it again and viola!

Message 21 of 26 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hope this helps, because it had driven me nuts, tried every suggestion on this site and some others.  My problem ended up being the unifying receiver on my logitech keyboard and mouse.  I had it installed in a rear usb port and never had the first issue with either the keyboard or mouse until BF4, so for most things it works fine there but with BF4 had lag and freeze issues...  FIX (at least for me): move the unifying receiver from the rear of the tower,  closer to the keyboard.  I used the USB extension hub that came with the k/m combo and installed in the same rear port. All is fine now...

Message 22 of 26 (1,019 Views)

★★ Novice

The problem is still around. I turned off the Origin ingame overlay as suggested in many threads but it didn't help. Turning off the OSD of MSI Afterburner also didn't help. A friend of mine has got the same issue. It just ruins so many kill streaks and epic moments!

Message 23 of 26 (1,010 Views)

★ Novice

I don't know if this will help you guys but for CPU spikes I found a workaround (on the internet not me myself) is that the CPU spikes can be stopped by disabling the paging file in windows performance options. It does carry the risk of causing errors if you run out of RAM so I'd only recommend this for people with a fair amount (>=8GB).

It worked for my brother's machine and I'm about to do it on mine aswell as I've started getting this problem also. Will update when I have tested it.

Message 24 of 26 (986 Views)

★ Novice

Microsoft did pushed an update for my 780GTX dual SLI nVidia cards, as it turns out the GFORCE Experience did not update, so my keyboard and mouse stopped working, this may apply to the ATI catalyst as well, got to the nvidia site and download the correct driver for your card. if you have an OEM version type system like alienware then you might need to go to their website for an AMD card. Anyways once I got the correct driver and GeForce experience update done through nvidia, the game works again!

MyKuzzin

Message 25 of 26 (942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Asus Z-97a
EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti FTW
Intel Corei5 LGA1150 K
Kingston Hyper X 2x4gig 
Logitech Wireless keyboard (fresh batteries)
Logitec Mouse G50

I doubt this will get noticed....but hope it does. I am having the same issue.

All input locks up in BF4/any ORIGIN Game BF Hardline

as well. 

It is random when it starts, but when it does, it never stops. I can Alt/tab out of the game and quickly click the screen again to bring back control with mouse and keyboard, but happens continually....

I cant play the game anymore....and i have been a player since 1942.....this sucks... 

Message 26 of 26 (586 Views)