BF4 (PC) stopped working/ crash after joining multiplayer or campaign.

by ivanbattlefield

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 (PC) stopped working/ crash after joining multiplayer or campaign.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

(12/14/14)

I've had BF4 on PC since November 2013 and I have almost always been able to play it smoothly on medium settings, so I know my PC can run it just fine.

Spoiler

Long story short, I had to reinstall windows because of a problem that happened (unrelated to the game) and Installed the AMD latest drivers at the time, display driver 14.301.1001, and the game would crash every time after joining a server and actually spawning into the round (It would not crash if I just sit there looking at the map screen before spawning) saying there was a problem and windows had to close the game and it would notify me if there was a solution. So I rolled back the display driver through windows to a previous one; that seemed to have fixed the crashing problem but now the game was almost unplayable because of low FPS. So I just installed the new Catalyst Control Center that came out Dec 8th 2014 called Omega (14.12) and was able to play for about 6 minutes smoothly, but that didnt't last long and now the game is crashing again. 

My PC can play War Thunder on all max (i know it's not as demanding as BF4) so i know it's not a faulty hardware, it's a problem with the game. I also bought Mass Effect 3 a few days ago through Origin and that game will not play either, but that's a separate thread, i know.

Any solutions out there?

I've tried everything from running the program as administrator on 32-bit, to a clean boot, to adding a "user.cfg" file to the main directory on BF4 folder. 

((That file has these configurations inside:

RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1

Any help from the community would be so appreciated, as it seems that we can't really rely on EA to help solve this.

My system:

Phenom II 955 BE (Oc'ed to 3.6)

2 HD 5830's in crossfire

8 GB ddr3 1333 memory

MSI 890fxa-gd65 MB

Windows 7 64-bit

500 Gb hard drive

Message 1 of 4 (669 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 (PC) stopped working/ crash after joining multiplayer or campaign.

★★★ Novice

Ok so for anyone else who might be having the same problem with ATI cards, I seem to have found that i had changed some settings on the "Gaming" tab on CCC. Just change everything back to off or "use application settings" and it should work.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (639 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Ok so for anyone else who might be having the same problem with ATI cards, I seem to have found that i had changed some settings on the "Gaming" tab on CCC. Just change everything back to off or "use application settings" and it should work.

Message 2 of 4 (640 Views)

★ Novice

What is CCC?

Message 3 of 4 (443 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (380 Views)