BF4 PC - Stuttering/Brief Freeze - Request for Information

by JdeFalconr

Original Post

Re: BF4 PC - Stuttering/Brief Freeze - Request for Information

★★ Novice

First week of beta BF4 ran flawlessly then second week I think it may have been patch 3 not sure but something happened I dont know, I would get FPS drops into single digits every 10 seconds. I thought it would be fixed by final release. Yesterday had same issue and once I was playing and one of the FPS drops dropped to 10 fps and just stayed there. And I just got 10 fps until reboot where again I would get them every 10-20 seconds. Talked to origin customer service the did uotrace and said its because of my internet connection and I should contact my service provider but I was playing single player disconnected my ethernet cable and it still happened so he was full of **bleep**.

CPU: intel 4770MQ

GPU: NVIDIA 750m

RAM: 8gb

Drivers: 331.65

Heres what GPU CPU usage looks like in game and then next to task manager. http://i.imgur.com/M2poybh.jpg 

The spike in battlefield happens during the dip on the right in the task manager cpu usage.

THINGS I'VE TRIED

Updating from win 8 to 8.1

Installing old drivers

reinstalling new drivers setting cores to 4 in boot options

editing registry to disable/enable? core parking

a bunch of other small things that didn't work.

Message 21 of 177 (4,103 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ditto, I wasn't sure what exactly it was at first but I think we are all experiencing the same thing. The screen kind of "jolts" for a split second as if the characters head is bobbing quickly. It's "LIKE" a stutter but the frames are good, at least for me. Almost like someone with a nervous twich. I especially notice it in vehicles and it makes it REALLY damn hard to stay locked on to anything. 

FX-8350 @ 4.7

2x GTX 760 SLI

M5A99X R2.0

Corsair 8GB 1600

Kingston 120GB SSD

Windows 7 64 Pro

331.65 Nvidia WHQL 

Message 22 of 177 (4,102 Views)

★★★ Novice

These sound like the problems i am having.

The built in performance overlay shows massive CPU spikes every few seconds when there is a lot of stuff going on around causing really annoying stutters.

i7 2600k 

NVidia 560ti Drivers: 331.65 (latest)

8GB RAM

Win7 64 SP1

Graphic preset on low

Message 23 of 177 (4,100 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Win 7 64bit

8gb ram

cpu i7 3820

GTX 690 SLI ( quad core )

Message 24 of 177 (4,098 Views)

★★★ Novice

http://i.imgur.com/6Ny80iI.jpg?1

Same here, this happens whether its on low or ultra.  Seem to happen more often on low believe it or not.

i7 920

evga classified

AMD 6990

SB X FI HD

Message 25 of 177 (4,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I get Battlefield4.exe has stopped working, something like that, after around 5-10 minutes into the game, I payed more than a 120€ and I would be happy to play, yesterday everything worked fine, played hours over hours without any problems.

Here my systemspecs:

Mainboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

CPU:  Intel® Core™ i7-4930K

Graphiccards: 2 of them in SLI-Mode GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-4GD (GTX 770)

RAM: 16GB DDR3-186Mhz

PSU: Corsair AX1200 1200W

Nvidia Driver Version: 331.65

I didnt tried any fixes because, I had the excat same problem in BF3 and it got fixed by a patch (hue hue).

Hope thats enough, if more is needed let me know.

Greetings,

MaxExpertGaming

(Search me up on Youtube )

*Posted this in another thread already but will put it in here also.

Message 26 of 177 (4,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. It's very annoying and I even had the issue in BF3. It's like a quick stutter. I hae noticed it happens very often when you are near enimies. To the point I thought it was a cheat/hack in bf3. 

- i5 2500k (clocked to 4.0), AMD Radeon HD 6950, 4gig RAM

- The newest beta

- 7 64bit

Message 27 of 177 (3,844 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here, lots of stuttering!! My ping is almost always below 50 in my lobbies.

CPU AMD FX - 8320

GPU GTX 660ti 2gb

RAM 8GB

Windows 8.1

Nvidia Driver 331.65

I've messed around with each setting low-high and nothing helps, I've also disabled vsyc and messed around with anti-Aliasing no good. 

Message 28 of 177 (3,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So sad:

• AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition, GTX 660 2gb,4GB Ram
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
  • Pretty much every single one.
Message 29 of 177 (3,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I get issues like this too, every now and then a few textures will also -very- notably pop in, I've only played Single Player so far as I can't imagine multiplayer being much fun with the game in it's current state, I had hoped my PC would be able to pull this game off, I guess not. I've tried every resolution that my monitor supports, everything from low to ultra settings, no major changes. I get a -little- less slowdowns/stutter on low but still quite bad. Specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit i5-3570 3,4Ghz Quad core 8gigs RAM 1333mhz GTX 660 Twinfrozr OC
Message 30 of 177 (3,809 Views)