Re: BF4 PC - Stuttering/Brief Freeze - Request for Information

by RetroSoul808

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

After a hell of a search I tried some things from these threads:http://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/1q14u9/bf4_i_have_multiple_fixes_that_make_the_game_90/ [reddit.com] 
and 
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/possible-framerate-lag-fix-for-bf4-beta-on-pc-for-nvidea-users.453... [ign.com] 

I disabled hyperthreading, run BF4 in borderless mode and installed an older nvidia driver (320.49). 

Now I can run the game properly on high settings, with a noticable improvement in fps (have no figures) and hardly any lag anymore. I do still get the occasional crash though, but what else is new... 

Hope it helps... 

My specs: 
Win7 64bit 
i7 3820 @ 3.6 Ghz 
Asus SABERTOOTH X79 
MSI GTX570 Twinfrozr II/OC 
16GB RAM 
2x OCZ SSD

Message 101 of 177 (3,114 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too I have same Problem; I have a lot of fps drops/stutter for3/4 secs at any moment... It ruins my experience of the game ; here are my spec:

i5 4670

ATI 7970GHZ

8gb ram corsair vengeance

msi g45 gaming

intel ssd 180gb

Message 102 of 177 (3,101 Views)

★★★ Novice

UPDATE:

Disabling Core Parking completely ridded of this problem for me.

I followed this guide:

Disable core parking

Message 103 of 177 (3,012 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you looked at previous replies, 90% of the people already tried unparking cores, the game is the problem it needs a fix.

Message 104 of 177 (2,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't want to clutter this thread. 

I have read all the other replies. I just gave my 2 cents on what fixed it totally for me as it may help with someone else.

Message 105 of 177 (2,856 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Core packing worked for me!

Message 106 of 177 (2,819 Views)

★★ Apprentice

bump

Message 107 of 177 (2,773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I suggest you to use this program guys. http://http://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php 

With this program you can adjust the core parking individualy at all power plans, so this way you can still use Power Saver functions at windows.

I have :

- Balanced power plan ( default win7 )

- High Performance (core parking disabled)

So i created a shortcut to desktop for power plan options (go to control panel > power options and drag its link to desktop), and when i am at desktop when not playing games, i am using balanced power plan. When i am about to begin to play games, i switch to High performance. When i am done with games, i switch back to balanced.  And seriously this problem is so bad, i have 4770k , and still getting micro freeze / stutter at "Balanced" power plan. When i switch to High performance (no core parking) its smooth as butter.

i7 4770k(no OC),  16gb1866cl10corsair2x8 , Asus760gtxDirectCU2 (factory overclock) ,  asus z87 deluxe last bios all default other than Ram XMP , corsair SSD128 , Windows 7 ultimate x64 sp1 , Nvidia 331.82

Message 108 of 177 (2,745 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have tried everything i can find a suggestion for, unparked cores, driver updates, page filing, ect. Still have very annoying and disruptive random stuttering and cpu/gpu spikes from watching perfoverlay.drawgraph 1.

Specs
Core i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz (100% stable)
8GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz ddr3
EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (clean install)
Message 109 of 177 (2,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please include the following info at the top of your post:

• CPU, GPU(s), RAM amount (note any overclocking on these items too)
  • Video driver version
  • OS type and version
  • Any fixes you've tried already

System:

• i7 2600k, EVGA GTX 580SC, 16 GB RAM
  • GeForce R331 (331.65)
  • Windows 7 HP SP1 (Build 7601), 64-bit
  • Changed graphics settings from low to ultra, manual update of Punkbuster via pbsetup, ran the DX install in the BF4 folder

Symptoms: An intermittent, brief freeze of video while performing any action within BF4, more frequently seen (by myself) when making quick turns or other fast activities. Tried video settings of low through ultra without making a difference. I know this isn't my hardware configuration as my FPS, when not stuttering, is stable between 90-150FPS at low graphics settings. If my hardware were not up to spec then my framerate would never reach or maintain acceptable levels when not stuttering. I note that my GPUs RAM goes to 100% utilization while CPU goes above 80%. During play Task Manager indicated these numbers.

Note- Some of this text borrowed from OP since it is exactly what i am seeing. 

Message 110 of 177 (2,495 Views)