Re: BF4 PC Memory leaking? 94% Memory usage with 12GB

by chickenhyphen

Original Post

★ Novice

Hi there 

@TheCodeMonk wrote:

This issue is not fixed. All these little "tweaks" are not solving the problem. I get the problem everytime I either switch to or off of Lancang Dam. As soon as the levelutoin hit in lancang tonight, my game start to stutter and then froze and I had to end task. It's directly tied to the older AMD cards. I have a 6850 and I see most people still having this problem all have 58xx or 68xx cards.

FYI - I have one of the older AMD cards you describe 

I played again last night and again the game appeared to work fine - even on the larger conquest levels again memory maxed at 27 percent and reclaimed the memory afterwards

I twice loaded and exited the game and my memory was reclaimed each time - this is the major issue the memory leak

I have previously installed the latest beta driver for the GFX but i didnt notice any improvement in memory performance until i switched my motherboard drivers over as well which are realtek.

If it doesnt work for you thats unfortunate and i understand how frustrating it must be.

But I felt i should share how i resolved the issue on my system. 

Best of luck

Message 641 of 807 (2,776 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue here... I have two shots in my blog post (text in finnish, look at the pics).

I have Amd Radeon HD 6950 and I have the latest drivers, I also have 8 gigs of memory and game runs fine until memory leaks and takes all of it... 

Any news on the fix?

Message 642 of 807 (2,524 Views)

★ Novice

My memory spikes to 99% usage ONLY on Lacang Dam.  I can play for hours and hours on every other map but as soon as the server loads Lacang OR even after reboot I join a server on Lacang....99%.

Message 643 of 807 (2,472 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Problem exists with me as well! EA, we paid for a finished game!

Win 8.1

HD 6870

8 GB DDR3

Latest Beta Drivers

Message 644 of 807 (2,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have noticed that I have this problem in a few maps. I noticed this yesterday and I cannot play Operation Locker - I quitted when next map was Operation Locker and switched servers - all fine. There are at least 1 or 2 more maps that does this but I do not remember names for those. 

Edit.

I played few hours yesterday without memory leak with that tactic. 

Message 645 of 807 (2,259 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

. same here

Message 646 of 807 (2,105 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's certainly not just Lancang Dam.  Just happened to me on China Rising map.

Message 647 of 807 (2,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

PROBLEM SOLVED - just played for 5 hours without problems...

I don't know why, but this update works, just install it and GO! :D

I just uploaded it here: http://www.filedropper.com/amdcatalyst1311betav95

Message 648 of 807 (2,035 Views)

★★ Novice

Still getting this on my ATi 5850 & Catalyst 13.12

It's definitely, MINI/atikmdag.sys with the non paged pool leak:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vq5Ev9BaZnA/UsiR_XOS8nI/AAAAAAAAF-s/fPQhtkq9dXU/w677-h343-no/mini...

Message 649 of 807 (1,930 Views)

★★ Novice

I have not got the memory leak for now. I did these steps described here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/1q14u9/bf4_i_have_multiple_fixes_that_make_the_game_90/

I created user.cfg as described and I runned DXSETUP.exe and I also hade .NET 4.5 already installed. 

Message 650 of 807 (1,768 Views)