Re: BF4 PC Memory leaking? 94% Memory usage with 12GB

by Carbonic

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

I made a ticket with AMD technical support a while ago, they have now responded.

Their response:

• Thanks for your mail. Yes, our driver team had already received some reports related to this issue before, and after some investigates, they thought that this issue seems to have been resolved, possibly via a patch released by DICE. And they didn’t receive much reports related to this issues recently. So please try to find some game patches form EA to solve your issue, thank you.

So, apparently they think the error has magicly solved itself because we don't complain enough. So I would urge all in here with the problem to go to: http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/ and fill out a support request with all your relevant information. You can also write them at https://twitter.com/AMDRadeonhttps://twitter.com/AMDGaminghttps://www.facebook.com/AMDGaming and the other places AMD hangs out.

carbonic signature

Message 611 of 807 (1,331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

New patch and server update today didn't change anything, in fact it might have become worse. I started a game after the patch and got a memory leak after 5 minutes.

Meanwhile I get Emails from AMD with the following "helpful" tips:

"Dear Customer,

You had reported an issue with the Catalyst 13.11 Beta driver which involved Battlefield 4 crashing after experiencing a severe memory leak.

We continue to investigate this issue.

Since Battlefield 4 is launched via Battlelog on a browser, what browser (name and version) are you using ?

If you launch the game via a browser other than the default browser you are currently using, does the problem continue ?

I appreciate your feedback and thank you, in advance, for your cooperation.

Regards

Ray Menzies
AMD Global Customer Care"

At least it sounds like they are still doing something.......

Message 612 of 807 (1,312 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got that email a week ago too and pointed them to this thread.

They are actually trying to "blame" the browser which has nothing to do with the memory leak ...

Message 613 of 807 (1,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I got the same generic email as well--blaming the browser tells me they haven't been listening to our greviences at all--clearly the browser has nothing to do with the memory leak. 

Message 614 of 807 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.

I5 2500K

ATI MSI 6970

8Gb Ram

Message 615 of 807 (1,035 Views)

★ Apprentice
Message 616 of 807 (1,002 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ty.crossing fingers...xD

Message 617 of 807 (978 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Anything to report? I only saw some "intermittent crashes resolved" notes for 13.12 relating to BF4 - I'm guessing that means the memory leak is persisting? I haven't gotten a chance to test them, but I installed them today. 

Message 618 of 807 (908 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately leakage problem persists in Driver 13.12   12/18/2013

Windows 8.1 PRO
Radeon 5750
Latest  drivers
8gb RAM

Message 619 of 807 (886 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey,

I'm in an unusual situation here because what I've heard so far is that the problem is almost exclusive to Windows 8/8.1 and certain AMD GPUs, but I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti and I seem to have the same problem.

I've heard using the 32-bit .exe and Windows 7 compatibility mode works but, obviously, I can't use compatibility mode for the OS I'm running. I have tried modifying the page file in various ways, I've tried running the bf4_x86.exe, but I haven't been able to produce any different results.

I don't really know for sure how to guarantee that I have the same issue as everyone else, so how would I go about checking the 'symptoms'? In detail, please.

P.S.Is this problem even still persistent? It seems this thread and most others are dead, as if it happened a month ago and just stopped, but it's still a problem as far as I can see.

Message 620 of 807 (859 Views)