★★ Novice

BF4 KEEPS CRASHING WHEN I DO SET UP MY KEYS HELP

Message 1 of 9 (15,380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 PC KEY BINDING PROBLEMS

★★★★★ Newbie

This is a problem with the file:

<DRIVE>:\USERS\<USERNAME>\My Documents\Battlefield 4\Settings\PROFSAVE_profile

It's getting too large for BF4 to process because BF4 is writing thousands of duplicate copies of each key binding to the file, making it 100's of thousands of lines long.

Edit this file (I used excel because I'm familiar with it)  and look for lines like the one below:

GstKeyBinding.default.ConceptSpectatorSquadDown.1.axis 24

Remove any lines that contain a middle number greater than 2.. There will be thousands of them, so you'll need to find an automated way to do it.

I brought the file in to Excel as a "." delimited file, wrote a formula that put a "remove" string in to a cell if the middle number was greater than 2, then sorted on that cell and deleted everything that contained the word "remove" on the line, then strung it all back together and pasted it in to a text file, then replaced the original PROFSAVE_Profile with my newly minted de-duped one.. Works fine

You'll have to do this every time you change your key bindings, so get them right and then leave them alone.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (15,913 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

This is a problem with the file:

<DRIVE>:\USERS\<USERNAME>\My Documents\Battlefield 4\Settings\PROFSAVE_profile

It's getting too large for BF4 to process because BF4 is writing thousands of duplicate copies of each key binding to the file, making it 100's of thousands of lines long.

Edit this file (I used excel because I'm familiar with it)  and look for lines like the one below:

GstKeyBinding.default.ConceptSpectatorSquadDown.1.axis 24

Remove any lines that contain a middle number greater than 2.. There will be thousands of them, so you'll need to find an automated way to do it.

I brought the file in to Excel as a "." delimited file, wrote a formula that put a "remove" string in to a cell if the middle number was greater than 2, then sorted on that cell and deleted everything that contained the word "remove" on the line, then strung it all back together and pasted it in to a text file, then replaced the original PROFSAVE_Profile with my newly minted de-duped one.. Works fine

You'll have to do this every time you change your key bindings, so get them right and then leave them alone.

Message 2 of 9 (15,914 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your help. But I see way I shaded do that . I am not impress with the game . Is there a pach for it. and thanks for help

Message 3 of 9 (14,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie
you call editing a config file a solution? it crashes after reassigning each key! changing wsad to up down left right is already 4 crashes..... it sux !
Message 4 of 9 (14,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thank you for the pointer. I have written a command line tool to do exactly as you describe and it works (load times also improved).

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bekk4nvn2o3rrpx/BF4ProfileFix.zip

On Battlelog: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670099610076/

MS .NET 4.5 Framework required.

From the read me...

Use this utility AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Place this in your BF4 Beta settings folder (i.e. C:\Users\%USERNAME%\My Documents\Battlefield 4 Beta\Settings\).

Run in between restarts while changing your BF4 settings and binds, it will clean the duplicate entries out that cause BF4 to hang while updating it.

A backup of the original is saved as PROFSAVE_profile.BAK.

All discarded lines are written to PROFSAVE_profile.DEL.

Use this utility AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Message 5 of 9 (13,822 Views)

★★ Novice

This video wll fix all your problems. It will set all of your settings exatally how you had them on BF3!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je_2ZbUAOQ4

Message 6 of 9 (12,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This youtube video will take care of the B key -console bug?

Message 7 of 9 (11,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The youtube fix worked for me. I was not able to equip the MBT LAW and now I can. All keyboard bindings are same setup as I had in BF3.

AWESOME!!!!

Message 8 of 9 (11,782 Views)

★★ Novice

well that's just super if you had bf3..................

Message 9 of 9 (8,488 Views)