BF4 PC China Rising DLC Problem

by bramminderhoud

Original Post

Re: BF4 PC China Rising DLC Problem

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i did all that, but the folder on Program files, does not apear. I have win 10, is this an problem ?

@Sl3iither wrote:

@EA_Nils wrote:

@bramminderhoud wrote:

When i try to play China Rising it says : you need to download and install this expansion. I already did that and played the maps only i can't join the game when the china rising dlc sign is next to it. Please help me Confusedmileyindifferent:

Please first make a backup copy of your registry as described here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/back-up-registry#1TC=windows-7

Next check out these steps below:

1. Log out and fully exit Origin

2. Open your Registry Editor - Type in regedit on the Start Menu Search field and press Enter

3. Navigate through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4

4. Check if there is a folder named Xpack1 under Battlefield 4

If YES -> Click on Xpack1, on the right pane check if there is a string named Installed, the Value data should be True

If NO - right-click on Battlefield 4 > New > Key

- a new folder will be created, name it Xpack1

- right-click on Xpack1 > New > String Value > name it Installed

- on the right-pane, double-click on Installed, set Value Data to True

5. Exit Registry Editor

6. Log in to Origin and Join China Rising Maps

Update (thanks gimemo!): If you are experiencing the same issue with Second Assault, please repeat the process above but with Xpack0 instead of Xpack1.

Xpack0 = Second Assault

Xpack1 = China Rising

Xpack2 = Naval Strike

Let us know how you get on!

Cheers,

Nils

fixed it for me thanks

happend to me after installing new windows

Message 81 of 84 (666 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I try to make a new key, it says "Cannot create key. You do not have the requisite permissions to create a new key under Battlefield 4" So what am I supposed to do? I payed for the deluxe edition and china rising worked, then I got a new computer and china rising wont work.

Message 82 of 84 (658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2018 and still a problem. This is total BS... I'm not gonna start editing registries. apparently it has been a problem for 5 years. The company took money and then want's us to do their job? Don't think so.

Message 83 of 84 (609 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have windows 10 as well and I too am having problems with China Rising expansion not loading, it seems to be stuck permanently on preparing??? All the things that the EA people have posted I've checked, and all seems ok in the files, but still nothing is working? It just won't finish loading Frown 

Message 84 of 84 (200 Views)