Re: BF4 PC China Rising DLC Problem

by cubanmafiattv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 PC China Rising DLC Problem

★★ Novice

When i try to play China Rising it says : you need to download and install this expansion. I already did that and played the maps only i can't join the game when the china rising dlc sign is next to it. Please help me Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 1 of 84 (57,591 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@bramminderhoud wrote:

When i try to play China Rising it says : you need to download and install this expansion. I already did that and played the maps only i can't join the game when the china rising dlc sign is next to it. Please help me Confusedmileyindifferent:

Please first make a backup copy of your registry as described here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/back-up-registry#1TC=windows-7

Next check out these steps below:

1. Log out and fully exit Origin

2. Open your Registry Editor - Type in regedit on the Start Menu Search field and press Enter

3. Navigate through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4

4. Check if there is a folder named Xpack1 under Battlefield 4

If YES -> Click on Xpack1, on the right pane check if there is a string named Installed, the Value data should be True

If NO - right-click on Battlefield 4 > New > Key

- a new folder will be created, name it Xpack1

- right-click on Xpack1 > New > String Value > name it Installed

- on the right-pane, double-click on Installed, set Value Data to True

5. Exit Registry Editor

6. Log in to Origin and Join China Rising Maps

Update (thanks gimemo!): If you are experiencing the same issue with Second Assault, please repeat the process above but with Xpack0 instead of Xpack1.

Xpack0 = Second Assault

Xpack1 = China Rising

Xpack2 = Naval Strike

Let us know how you get on!

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 5 of 84 (57,923 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't have that problem but I have a different one. Every time I try to download and install China Rising it says you have got error 131076 and I cant download it my download was nearly finished when it said that. This is really starting to annoy me.

Message 2 of 84 (57,326 Views)

★ Novice

How about im lvl 84 premium member played china rising maps now tells me i have to download it when i already have it aslo the APPCRASH erors i keep getting where game frezes and crashes GREAT **bleep**ING GAME I WANT MY MONEY BACK 

Message 3 of 84 (57,319 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I do have the same problem with My digital Deluxe. At work, we downloaded CHina rising on 1 computer, then copy the folder. It works for standard BF4 map server taht doesn'T have China rising, but as soon as the server is China rising ready, I can't log on.

Please EA, Fix this ASAP, we paied for this game and we want to play...

Message 4 of 84 (57,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@bramminderhoud wrote:

Please first make a backup copy of your registry as described here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/back-up-registry#1TC=windows-7

2. Open your Registry Editor - Type in regedit on the Start Menu Search field and press Enter

3. Navigate through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4

If YES -> Click on Xpack1, on the right pane check if there is a string named Installed, the Value data should be True

5. Exit Registry Editor

Update (thanks gimemo!): If you are experiencing the same issue with Second Assault, please repeat the process above but with Xpack0 instead of Xpack1.

Xpack0 = Second Assault

Xpack1 = China Rising

Xpack2 = Naval Strike

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 84 (57,924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys

I got the deluxe BF4 when I installed it I entered my china rising code at the same time.

Now its out it says I own it but when I try to play it says open it in origin but it hasn't  

shown up there ? so I own it, But don't have it ? where do I download it from ?

Origin don't make it easy for there customer's there not user friendly at all !

Help would be appreciated !

Thanks 

Message 6 of 84 (57,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@eanils wrote:

@bramminderhoud wrote:

5. Exit Registry Editor

Cheers,

Nils

thank you helped me alot was about to contact support about it

Message 7 of 84 (57,250 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i did it with out of signing out of origin, i deleted the things i did on registry editor and signed out of origin , i did the steps again but now when i join any server dlc or not my game keeps saying joining with the blue bar at the bottom for ever and when i exit out the blue bar it and try to join another server it says please exit game. Confusedmileymad:

Message 8 of 84 (57,086 Views)

★ Novice

thanks so much for you help,now i have my china back,i try help from origin chat,they dont have you skill, thanks egain this work perfect for me thanks

Message 9 of 84 (56,925 Views)

★★ Novice

Genius Confusedmileylol:

This worked for me.  I had just migrated my install to a new PC and was constantly being told I need to install the China Rising xpac.

nice work!!

Message 10 of 84 (56,871 Views)