Re: BF4 PC Beta is crashing during loading screen

by ggdag

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

@eabastian wrote:

This topic is only for the freeze issues during loading screen. If you experience other issues, like a crash with a network error message or a crash during the game, please check our board first.

We merged several topics in this one to help our team gathering your feedback and provide information and updates for you all.

If you want to provide us details about your issue, please post your hardware and software specifications (we would need your driver built and your version of windows).

Please keep all in mind: This is a Beta.                

The reason for this Beta is to test our gameclient out to its. We are collecting your data and working on this issues, as we are preparing the game for the launch, just be patient.

Please try following workarounds before you reply in this topic. Some of those workarounds are collected from our community. I am sorry that we are not able to give everyone kudos here in this post.

Possible fixes:

Windows 7:
Update Windows to the latest version, SP1 is recommended and helped several people to fix this issue. We have the highest rate of solved issues with this workaround.

If you are playing the Battlefield 4 Beta with a Radeon or Geforce card, please make sure to install their respective Beta drivers:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-10WINBetaDriver.aspx Radeon 13.10 Beta Drivers
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-331-40-beta-drivers-released Geforce 331.40 Beta Drivers

Please keep in mind that some graphic setups, especially from your graphic card control center, can cause trouble.
Go to your custom settings of your video-card software. Disable all extra options for enhanced graphics and set the preferences for AA and anisotropic to “use application settings” or even disable it. Disable especially all graphic boosts from your Nvidia control center or ATI catalyst application.
Check your task manager; disable ALL not needed third party applications.
If you are running SLI or OC cards, disable your SLI Bridge aka your overclocking option (if possible).

You can find the file to manually change your graphic settings under: C:\Users\User X\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

Make sure BF4.exe is added to the whitelist of your firewall. We recommend to disable all firewall/antivirus software before launching the gameclient.

Update Punkbuster manually: http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
Put each PunkBuster exe into Compatibility Mode. For 64 bit OS's the PunkBuster exe's are located here:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PnkBstrB.exe
Put your BF4 exe into Compatibility Mode as well.

Cheers
Basti

Put in compatability mode? Compatability mode for what there are several settings for this on Win 7 and Win 8...

Message 691 of 1,358 (2,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Let me be the first to say... None of those solutions, (And many others mind you), Do... Not... Work.

(This is not to say I am ungrateful for the assistance, and/or you shouldn't try them if you haven't yet. It MAY work for YOU)

Message 692 of 1,358 (2,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sorry if this has been said before - there are too many posts to read here.

I was having the loading screen/stopped working bug. I have Windows 8 and I have the latest AMD graphics (beta) drivers. Here's what I did. 

1) Uninstall, restart and reinstall this .exe > Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

Restart again once clean installed. 

Once that was done (no idea if I needed to) I:

1) Downloaded pbsetup.exe from here, run the .exe. Agree and let it check for updates (I kept getting an error on this about a missing file on the servers, but kept trying.

2) When it updates, Add Game > BF4.

3) Then - if you notice under 'Server Version' it says "none installed" or something like that. Select game and update it. 

You'll have the needed version of punkbuster, and you might find it works.

This was *MY* issue. As I say, no clue if that will help anyone, or if it has been said before. Just sharing my own findings. 

*EDIT* Also make sure you have the latest battlelog plugin installed. Simple, I know but I missed that too. 

Message 693 of 1,358 (2,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

EA NEEDS TO DIFFERNTIATE BETWEEN PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY LOADED THE GAME AND THOSE WHO NEVER HAVE.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO LOAD THE GAME. NOT EVEN ONCE. STOP SUGGESTED THE SAME GODDAMNED FIXES TO PEOPLE THAT HAVE ALREADY SPENT HOURS TRYING THEM ALL.

x9100 CORE 2

9800m GTS (331.40)

Windows 7 sp 1

4gb ram

Not a powerhouse, but my specs exceed the minimum specs.

Loading screen freezes. 100& cpu utilization. Sound stuck in loop. Task manager shows BF4 as still running.

FIX THE GODDAMNED PROBLEM EA OR CHANGE THE MINIMUM SPECS. If you guys can't ensure that everyone with at least minimum specs gets past the loading screen, even on a beta, then that is **bleep**ing pathetic.

Can't wait to see what happenes when DICE has access to the metal of the gpu Vis-à-vis Mantle.

Message 694 of 1,358 (1,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
First off, cool your jets. EA is working on this. Basti has been regularly updating people and asking what their issues are, trying to find solutions and possible causes of the freezing and whatnot. We get it, it sucks we can't play, but there is no reason to come in here, guns blazing, demanding EA/DICE do more work to your specifications. If the solutions don't work, then please wait until more show up to try!
Message 695 of 1,358 (1,738 Views)

★ Apprentice
What I think we need to do is find some people who have working betas and see what their pc specs are, and what their installs and etc. look like. Ask people you know who have working copies and get thrm on here, they probably don't know that these issues are even occurring.
Message 696 of 1,358 (1,690 Views)

★★ Novice

same to me... I've tried everything suggested in here but it didn't work.

Windows7 64 SP1

AMD Radeon HD 6670 with Radeon 13.10 Beta Drivers

4gb ram

Message 697 of 1,358 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

this have is **bleep**ed at full . i have instaled last drivers for amd , install directx , sp1 install , change os , chech for update all

Message 698 of 1,358 (1,430 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have also tried everything recommended. Here is a list of components my computer runs(exceeds minimum recommendation)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU -

AMD Phenom II X2 545 39 °C
 Callisto 45nm Technology
RAM -

4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 403MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard -

FOXCONN A7VMX-K (Socket 940) 40 °C
Graphics -

2236 (1920x1080@60Hz)
 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7770 Series (Sapphire Vapor-X)(Sapphire/PCPartner) 34 °C
Hard Drives -

466GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-22V1A0 ATA Device (SATA) 37 °C
Optical Drives -

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N ATA Device
Audio -

Realtek High Definition Audio

I have installed the latest ATI Catalyst driver, disabled AVG, disabled my firewall, manually assigned PunkBuster..... Everything but still no progress.

Cheers for looking into the problem and hope to see a change soon!

James

P.S. I am a BF3 premium member and haven't been able to play this beta within this "special" period.... Will there be any kind of compensation or payback for myself and many other customers.

Message 699 of 1,358 (1,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Another BF4-beta crash reporting in.

Win 8, 64bit

3ghz C2D

8GB Ram

450GTS

nvidia beta driver won't install, have latest release driver

Message 700 of 1,358 (1,378 Views)