Re: BF4 Not load into game

by POOHSTICK17

Original Post

BF4 Not load into game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

(this is on the PC version.)

So I got BF4 for christmas as a gift, I now have it installed and have tried just about ever single thing there is to try that is on the internet.. And can still not play my game that I have looked forward to getting the past 3 days. I just want to play the game, and I cannot because there is something wrong, and it isnt my hardware because I can run other games just fine like BF3 and others. 

My problem is that everytime I try to do anything weather it be campaign or multiplayer, I get the window that pops up, and it is just black I can hear the sounds, and that is litterally it, with my task bar flashing in the bottom.

So is there a fix for this on the way or what? Because I know I am not the only one having this problem.

And I would prefer someone from EA Support to call me to walk me threw whats going on and why I cannot connect.. Send me a message for my phone number.

Message 1 of 4 (390 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

Hi, you say you've tried everything but it'd be nice to actually know what 'everything' is?

Because you haven't then I'm just gonna toss out some things to try (ignore if you have done em)

-make sure that you've updated your drivers to latest version (go to Nvidia/AMD website)

-make sure you have installed all updated service packs for windows and rebooted your computer.

-Do a repair install of the game in Origin.
In origin right click your game and from drop down choose repair install.

-Reinstall Punkbuster.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 and select pbsv.exe . Choose 'reinstall'

Install advice for Punkbuster https://help.ea.com/uk/article/punkbuster-technical-issues

- make sure that your firewall isn't preventing the game, Punkbuster or Origin from launching.
Also check the quality of your internet connection.

- Make sure you download and install the latest Battlelog plugins.
First uninstall old Battlelog plugin by going to "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" and removing "battlelog web plugin".
Then log in using Origin and go to battlelog page where you'll be prompted to download latest web plugin.
After you have installed it you should clear your cache, exit your browser. Then restart your browser, and then re-login to Origin to ensure proper install.
If this doesn't work then you should try a different browser (Chrome/Maxthon/Firefox, etc)

-Disable Origin in game.
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

-If you are using a 64bit operating system make sure you're running the X64 version of the game.
Start Origin, Right Click on BF4 game to select 'game properties', and choose X64 in the 'when launching this game' drop down menu.

-Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe and double click it (while connected to the internet). Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

-Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Double click vcredist_x64.exe/ vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

-Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Message 2 of 4 (367 Views)

★ Novice

Hey Marshall(poohstick17 Marshall just looks nicer to me so I put you online name in brackets).When  I said I had done everything, I did mean everything on the internet, including these items that you listed.

Message 3 of 4 (341 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Whats your system specs/oprating system? Could you/did you play the Beta version ok (if you had it)?

Below is a fix that worked for the BETA version. 

-In some cases your Microsoft C++ redistributables (or lack of certain ones) might be causing the problem.
1. Download this file - download link http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/VC-Redist-Installer-Download-216678.html [softpedia.com]
2. Run the file.
3. In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game.
4. Restart PC
5. Try to play the game now.
The above file installs all the C++ redistributables in one package. Windows update can sometimes miss some of them which prevents the game from starting and causes it to crash while loading.

Message 4 of 4 (330 Views)