Re: BF4 Makes computer freeze all the time

by NeoandGeo

Original Post

BF4 Makes computer freeze all the time

★ Novice

Hi,

Every time I try to play BF4 it makes my computer freeze. I have to turn it off with the power button to make it work again.

However, there seem to be a little difference between trying to play a multiplayer game and playing the Test range. With multiplayer the game freezes directly on the loading screen. But with Test range it allows me to select a spawn point and spawn, but as soon as I try to move/shoot it freezes.

I have tried the following to fix my problem without success:

- Reinstalled Windows (clean install)

- Reinstalled BF4

- Repair install of BF4

- Reinstalled Punkbuster

- Reinstalled DirectX

- Reinstalled Realtek audio drivers (even though I don't use the Motherboard sound)

- Reinstalled Nvidia display drivers (331.65)

- Installed older nvidia drivers

My specs are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-D3H

CPU: Intel 4670K

GPU: Nvidia GTX 780

Ram: 16GB

Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

PSU: 680W

Please help!

Message 1 of 6 (358 Views)

Community Manager

Try running your GPU at stock speeds, not overclocked or factory overclocked.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have performed no OC in my system.

I think my GPU is slightly factory overclocked, but that shouldn't be a problem right? I mean if you don't meddle with any settings everything should work out of the box, it does for all other games.

Message 3 of 6 (327 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had that problem too. All I did was reinstall my drivers (331.65). It took me a few other steps before I got to that, but it worked for me.

I would be able to play for, at max, maybe 3 minutes.

Message 4 of 6 (304 Views)

★★★ Novice

I experience a system freeze similar to yours with the 331.65 Nvidia drivers. Reverting back to the 331.58 drivers fixed it for me I believe. the freeze happened on BF4 and Batman:AO.

Message 5 of 6 (256 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

To fix the crashes, use custom preset and put the texture quality to Low and Anti-Aliasing (Post) off atm. Haven't tried Ultra settings but wouldn't recommend it. Many crashes exists, and this is how you can solve most of them...

I would also recommend to put GameTime.MaxVariableFps 61 in your user.cfg (install folder -- just create one), to stall the crashes from happening as they are fps based...

Message 6 of 6 (253 Views)