I am lost on this whole matter because mine was working every since I got the game until yesterday and nothing really has changed. I reimaged my pc the other day, but it was still working fine until today.
Still crashing. Often too. Latest was once again when brushing border of the map.
DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed withDXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's devicefailed due tobadly formed commands sent by the application.
This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed "). GPU: "AMDRadeon R9 200 Series", Driver 13.11 (13.25.18-131129a-165578E-ATI)
Just to give feedback on my troubleshooting.
My system is a I5-4670, 16GB RAM, Samsung SSD 840 240GB, Soundblaster Platinum, Asus R9 280, PSU is a BeQuiet! 750W.
This should be good enough for the Game!
I Tried so far:
-checked RAM for faults - no failure found
- reinstalled DirectX via Microsoft and via BF4 folder - BF still crashing
- tried all GPU Drivers available - BF still crashing
- installed all new drivers for all HW - BF4 still crashing
- Reinstalled WIN7 64BIt (formanted the SSD) - First day BF4 runs without crashes ...second day BF4 crashes constantly
- Checked all possible Information sources...even used the useless EA HotlineChat (they have absolutely no idea what they r doing) they requested to run BF4 via Chrome instead of Firefox - BF4 still crashing
- I will not underclock my GPU this is something absolutely ridiculous to do to get BF4 running!
- the only thing that is still the same is BF4...-> root cause is BF4!!!!!!
-EA get this fixed ...
I tried everything that was said. I had reimage my pc before i started getting the error and went got my old files and still didn't fix it. I then took my video card out took a can of air to it and reseat it back in and mine started back working.
Error deserves a lot more notice, especially considering it's been going on since BF3!
DiretXFunction "GetDeviceRemoveReason" Failed with a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent bty the application. This is an Design-Time issue that should be investigated and fixed") GPU:"NVIDIA GTX 760", Driver:33182
I have seen this error 3 times in 15 minutes of attempted gameplay now. The good news is I can at least launch the game for a few minutes now before my system crashes and I get an error. Before I was just getting the black screen at launch. mileyfrustrated:
Asus Z87-A, Intel i5-4670k, MSI GTX 760, 16GB 1600 DDR, Windows 8.1 64 bit
Latest driver s and BIOS updates are applied as of last week.
I fixed it! I found these instructions for the sound loop error, but it worked for the direct x error. I had this error every single time I played, but now was able to play all night. I'm not sure exactly what this does, but at least I have it working for now. Give it a try, and if it still doesn't work you can always just delete the user.cfg file.
Create a user.cfg and place in BF4 directory and copy paste the text below.
HP DV6 Quad Laptop
Core I7 2.3ghz
AMD Radeon 7690m XT video card
IDT onboard audio
Thx gauntlet0, I tried your solution for the directx-error and it works. Created user.cfg and placed it in the bf4-folder.