BF4 DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

by LodestarEris

Original Post

Re: BF4 DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

★★★★ Novice

@Co2Noss wrote:

I ended up downloading BF4 Settings Editor and turning off DX11.1 and adjusting my settings manually. Seems to be working now my game is actually launching and not crashing at launch now. We will see...

That is a good suggestion, I will try that when I get home

Message 11 of 125 (12,678 Views)

Re: BF4 DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed. ").

GPU: "AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series", Driver: 13.9 (13.152-130830a-163178C-ATI)

Had the same thing happen just now in BF4 Campaign Mode.

HD 6970

Win7 x64

[b]Edit:[/b]

Just got the same error again, this time with the latest beta driver 13.25.18-131029a-164333E-ATI, so it either doesn't have anything to do with the driver (which makes sense this is a design error!) or the beta driver doesn't fix it, with the former being way more likely.

Message 12 of 125 (12,394 Views)

★★ Novice

Still getting this error. Earlier I downclocked my card and managed to play for a while in the campaign with no issues, I then exited the game and got a bite to eat leaving the PC on. When I came back started up the game again, I played for 5 minutes and it crashed with this error again.

Message 13 of 125 (12,368 Views)

★★ Novice

I had previously had the DirectX badly formed error on both BF3 and BF4.  (BF3 started doing it after the BF4 beta came out...before that, no problems).  On BF4...got the error every 4-5 minutes after playing. 

Last night, played for about 40 minutes on "Ultra" 1080p with my 7970 @1000.  Didn't hang one time.  Very happy.  Not sure if they fixed anything, but for sure, I had zero problems.

Message 14 of 125 (12,067 Views)

★★★ Novice
We all have EA to thank for releasing a bugged game. As long as we support this practice companies like EA will continue releasing bugged, glitched, broken games and use us as guinea pigs. This happened to me for the first time on BF4, never occurred in BF3
Message 15 of 125 (12,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Erm, did this game go through QA at all?

http://s23.postimg.org/t89paezuz/Capture.png

Message 16 of 125 (12,000 Views)

★ Novice

guys i fixed it! well for me anyway, go onto the origin client go to origin ,aplication settings then go to origin in game, on that page untick the box enable origin in game then exit out of the client and reboot mine workerd just fine after that

Message 17 of 125 (11,803 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried everything in this thread and another program called throttlestop and absolutely nothing has managed to solve this problem.  Will we EVER get a statement from EA or DICE saying that they are at least looking into it?

Message 18 of 125 (11,332 Views)

BF4 DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

★★ Novice

getting the error as said above, wont bother to write it all, i have seen tonns of people having the same issue. was just wondering if it's a problem that the developers need to fix or if it's a problem that can only be fixed by me on my end.......

Message 19 of 125 (7,675 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi sprett6,

There's a few different steps that players found were helpful with these kind of errors, I've included some below:

• Disable Origin In-Game
  • Roll back Graphics drivers
  • The steps listed here
  • Reinstall of DirectX

If you haven't already, please try the steps above and let us know of any other steps you've already taken. 

Thanks 

EAGuy 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 20 of 125 (7,658 Views)