Re: BF4 DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

by oppresedAMERICAN

Original Post

Re: BF4 DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

★★★ Newbie

I have this error.png
H
ELP PLS!

Message 101 of 125 (5,522 Views)

★ Apprentice

You can try reinstalling DX..but it didn't work for me.

Message 102 of 125 (5,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same error here.

4GB GT755M SLi

i7-4700mq

16GB Ram

Bought new system just for this game, I can't even take off in chopper on the test range tonight without getting this error!

Some nights OK, others like tonight crash within seconds.

EDIT:  Don't even need to go in game tonight, it's happening in the loadout screen if you leave it a minute!

Not good, can I have my £1000+ back please EA?

Message 103 of 125 (5,370 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had this crash after 5, 10, 30 mins of gameplay and tried all the fixes and nothing worked.

Last nite I tried manually turning the fan control on my 660Ti to 85% and I played well over an hour with no crash, I'm still shocked.

So maybe for some of us this crash could be heat related as another post suggested, I can't explain it any other way.

I was also running the latest Nvidia drivers but it still crashed before trying increasing fan speed.

I still can't believe there has been no freaking official fix for this from EA/DICE!

Glad I still much prefer BF3 so I don't have to deal with this crash most of the time.

Message 104 of 125 (5,357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It has to be the game, I've never had this error beore in any other game.

Message 105 of 125 (5,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Add me to the list.  Bought the game on day 1 and started getting this error a week ago.  I see after 4 months of postings no solution, not even a "we hear you...working on it"?.  This is why I don't buy any upgrades, map packs, extras.  Makes me feel a lot better...or at least less mad...when EA ignores us.  They sure get their advertisements working just fine everytime I log in.  Spend more money on us and we'll give you another copy...I mean recycled...sorry, "re-imagined" map from BF3.  Wow...I can buy that?  How about I just go play BF3 for nothing extra?!!!!

Here's a thought, how about you spend time keeping your core game working instead of putting fresh paint on an old game?  Now there's a strategy that might sell more content and get you more money.  But what do I know, I'm just a consumer with nerd dollars burning a hole in my pocket.  At least i'm in for 65 bucks and not hundreds.  Titanfall is looking like a viable option right now...not to mention the 100 other games I already have.  Let's face it...nothing original in this game anymore anyway.

Peace out.

Message 106 of 125 (4,888 Views)

★★ Novice

LATEST

FOR EA STAFF

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bf4.exe
Application Version: 1.2.0.0
Application Timestamp: 530c9d9f
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18229
Fault Module Timestamp: 51fb1677
Exception Code: 887a0006
Exception Offset: 000000000000940d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d490
Additional Information 2: d490c67e5748a0d4e49d006a6b9988de
Additional Information 3: a1ed
Additional Information 4: a1ed4b6a27a3dd260a3e9035f46cfd49

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Message 107 of 125 (4,814 Views)

[ Edited ]

Make sure you have the correct memory configuration...if it says its good remove all ram modules and reseat them. If ur vid card is reving up...*nvidia* open console and change the fps command from 200 fps to 60 fps. Most users will run like butter ...if u have a  much better monitor you may require a higher frame rate. Most dont. if ur vid card revs and fails then u get that direct x message...its trying to provide u too many frames per second.....

I may be wrong....but i think dice changed the fps to a higher 200 rate to please high end vid card owners with  the 2nd assault update.....its either this or they are trying to burn low grade cards so they dont have to give support for the poor.

p.s.: if u dont know how to change the fps setting in bf4 console...download bf4 settings editor....it has an option to change things inside the console of bf4.....

Message 108 of 125 (4,813 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello. After frustrating 3 weeks of debugging and trying every scenario what i can found online, nothing worked for me. Hell i even uninstalled my windows and still did not work for me. This is what i did to fix my issue and hopefully it might work for someone and it might not(Atleast for people with Nvidia Vid Card). I had a GTX 660TI. This issue is caused because the GPU clock speed gets overboosted from your base clock and hence for some reason it crashes. What you need is a fixed clock. If you open MSI afterburner and monitor the GPU clock, you will see when it crashes it MAX out. In my scenario the base clock was 967 and Boost clock was 1024. Whenever it crashes i saw the GPU clock went sky rocketting high to 1137. Follow the steps below in order to fix it and here is the link explaining and setting Fixed clock :-

http://www.overclock.net/t/1267918/guide-nvidia-inspector-gtx670-680-disable-boost-fixed-clock-speed...

1) Download Invidia inspector from

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_inspector_download.html

2) Download Nvidia driver 332.21

3) Do a custom install and delete the previous installation from the custom installation.

4) Download MSI afterburner.

5) Download EVGA precision editor

6) Once Nvidia driver is installed then go to the site specs for your GPU and find out how much your base clock is.

7) Open nvidia inspector. Expand the node which states show overclock settings.

8) You need to decrease the GPU clock offset meaning -ve values till you see the boost and GPU clock matches exactly or below what the base clock specs states on Nvidia site for your GPU. Do this for Level 1,2&3 drop down. You can see the values changes on the left side right away in MHZ. Follow the link i posted .

9) Once all set click apply overclock settings.

10) Run EVGA precision editor and increase the fan speed to 10% meaning total of 40%.

11) You also want to decrease the FPS to 35FPS.

12) Try to play on the low settings till you see if it crashes or not. If it's not then increase it to medium

13) Make sure to open MSI afterburner to monitor your GPU clock and it should not max out of what your base clock is.

Message 109 of 125 (4,780 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok guys....let me explain

1. it`s not only your VGA or the GAME or the Drivers...it`s all fusioned and mixed

I have a y510p. When I play it with a single GT755M, BF4 gives me 40+ FPS and is like butter....BUT when I add my second GT755M, well things go messed up. I get 100+ fps sometimes ( yeah I know, I most of the time I use V-sync cause my monitor is 60Hz) and the games still do micro shuttering and sometimes gives me that long DIRECT X error with the code of the driver included at the end 33788.

Well a couple of things may work for you or may not but it`s all different since you all have different configurations.

So...you should try:

1. VBIOS update

2. Frame reduction like was said in the previous post a few posts above

3. Driver downgrade

4. AUDIO driver update or reinstall ( I have the feeling nVidia messed them with their newest VGA drivers...don`t ask me)

5. DX reinstall (not to be mistaken with directX)

6. DirectX reinstal

7. Change resolutions

8. Brouser plugin install

9. Well if nothing works for you SLI/crosfire guys, your last hope is to go on a single GPU. It will work 100% guaranteed

Message 110 of 125 (4,165 Views)