Re: BF4 DirectX Error - Out of Memory

by POOHSTICK17

Original Post

BF4 DirectX Error - Out of Memory

★★★ Novice

I'm getting the following error message:

DirectX function "device->CreateTexture2D( &texDesc,desc.subResourceCount!= 0 ? reinterpret_cast<const
D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA*>(desc.subResourceData) : 0, &texture->m_texture2d)"failed with E-OUTOFMEMORY ("Direct3d could not
allocate sufficient memory to complete the call.") GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce 780 Ti", Driver: 33221. Free virtual memory:
4291052560kB/4294967168kB. Total resource memory: 0kB. Make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512MB.

The message appears to be suggesting that my graphics card doesn't have enough RAM to handle playing Battlefield 4 but I my system specs are well above the recommended specs.

Specs are:

CPU + Mobo: i7 3770K + Sabretooth Z77 FW Version 2104

RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 DDR3 memory 9, 10, 9, 27 Timings

GPU: EVGA GTX780 Ti SC ACX with 3GB DDR5 memory nVidia 332.21 drivers

System Drive: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Message 1 of 14 (32,136 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same error for me

http://i.imgur.com/fUtdpPk.png

i5 3570k on Gigabyte H77M

2x4 Gb Corsair Vengreance 1333

Radeon HD7970 Ghz stock sttings

Samsung 840 EVO

Win 7 Pro

Message 2 of 14 (32,017 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hopefully by flagging it someone will post a solution or DICE will be able to find a solution, or maybe both.

Message 3 of 14 (32,015 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

Hi, 

-Do a repair install of the game in Origin. In origin right click your game and from drop down choose repair install.

- Reinstall your graphics driver and choose 'advanced install options' and 'clean install'.

If I helped then give an XP :_

Message 4 of 14 (32,004 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestions, I think it has fixed part of the problem but instead of getting the DirectX Error -Out of Memory that I had before I am getting an error to say:

"Battlefield 4 has stopped working: A problem casused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I clicked to close the program but got no notification from Windows.

Message 5 of 14 (31,993 Views)

★★ Novice

Buenas Noche : 

tengo el mismo error BF4 DirectX Error - Out of Memory  y ya repare el juego y volvi a instalar drivers en limpio pero aun se sigue sobracargando 

la RAM y tengo q reiniciar mi sistema .  

necesito ayuda 

Message 6 of 14 (31,305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I think I've found the solution...

My graphics cards 2x GTX 670 are having this issue, who would have thought with two cards I'd get this... What I have found is that the system memory combines with GPU memory, each of my cards is 2GB, but in SLI only 2GB can be used. There is another 2GB of shared memory in windows for video memory. My rig has 8GB total memory, when playing BF4 I have system monitoring tools watching my system usages. When I play I am typically at 4 to 5 GB used memory, but when I have a few applications open it gives me issues when my memory usage gets close to 6 GB...

WHY?

This is because the system has set aside 2 GB of system memory for shared video memory, I get the out of memory error because I have about 6 GB used in system memory including what BF4 uses as standard processing memory... so if I go over 6GB here and have 2GB shared video memory the system memory must take precedence over the video memory thus triggering the Out of Memory error... I'm going to try to add another 8GB of Memory and see if I still get these issues when I get close to 6 GB of memory usage. I'll post when I have tried it out.

I was consistently having issues with this earlier today, then found firefox was using about .5GB of my memory when on battlelog. I switched to Chrome which used about 100K of memory, did nothing else and the game worked, anyone else having these issues try closing down unused apps to save on system memory and see if that temporarily relieves the issue.

I see your system specs are similiar to mine:

MB: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO

CPU: i7-3770K

GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 670 DC2U

RAM: 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2133

System Drive: 2x Corsair Force GT 128GB (Raid 0)

Message 7 of 14 (31,142 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there guys,
i have started to get this Error after I installed windows 10 
I have found a solution for this problem but windows 10 automatic updates is giving me a hard time

now

the solution is simple download nvidia driver number 347.09 link below

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/80913/en-us

Do clean install (remove the current driver that you are using)
and that's it

Thanks and I hope that I helped

Message 8 of 14 (25,754 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem too after installing Windows 10.

Similar configuration:

8 GB. RAM

2 GB. GTX 760 in dual SLI

Your solution worked.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 14 (25,724 Views)

Re: BF4 DirectX Error - Out of Memory Quick fix

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I also have the same problem with BF4 in SLI with surround (tripple screen). I have tried Every single possible config. even tried the older W8.1 Drivers which did work, sort of Frown

Spec: 

fx8350

gtx 670x2

8Gb Ram

MSI 990 motherboard

Windows 10 (Clean install)

Nvidia driver 355.60

I have managed to find a fix for the problem using Nvidia inspector Standard smile at least I could play for 10 mins, without a crash .... I need to note that FPS's drops from soild 60FPS to around 45FPS. with V-sync enabled

find the Battlefield 4 profile

scroll down to "SLI"  settings and change as follows:

antialiasing - SLI AA - Disabled

set all settings to use 1 GPU ( should be 3 in total)

and set SLI mode to AFR (in all 3 sections)

It's not the most beautiful fix, But it did work for me. See image Nvidia inspector BF4 profile

Leave everything else as standard.

Hope this helps someone Standard smile

Message 10 of 14 (25,557 Views)