Re: BF4 DirectX Error, GetDeviceRemovedReason

by Naganochi

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

after numerous crashes i removed all nvidia drivers from pc and geoforce experience after unistall and reboot i then used http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,12.html to remove all nvidia drivers from pc restart and then use windows update to install nvidia drivers and so far so good no crashes. Hope this helps someone

Message 91 of 112 (2,612 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ok after playing last night and all today with no crashes it does seem like it was a driver issue i would recommend following my steps and then continue with the happy gaming

Message 92 of 112 (2,593 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, as per my replies in this thread on Battlelog Battlelog Forums

Ive tried everything, but what ive recently got working is:

Move my .cab files from the Directx folder to a new folder in that directory (as suggested in this thread)

Also, downloaded Asus GPU Tweak, and manually increased my fan speed to 80% (as per suggestion in thread)

Not sure which one made it work, but it worked...

good luck guys! 

Message 93 of 112 (2,573 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I got the same error...what i did was making a: User.cfg and locked my fps to 60! ----> It might help you with your problem! (Didn't really worked for me..but some people solved it with this)

My Pc:

Windows 8.1 Pro

Evga Nvidia Geforce Gtx 690

Intel Core I7 4770 k @ 4,5 mhz

Asus Maximus VI

Message 94 of 112 (2,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've experience this today for the first time (don't have bf4 for long).

The first time happened when i was playing commander and was zoomed all the way in when you can see the the actual map just when i made a multikill with a missile. Restarting the game gave the same error immediately so i had to restart Windows 8 and then i could play again, the next time it also happened all the way zoomed in playing as commander. The third time i was playing a regular game as a sniper and flew the remote control plane out of bounds, the screen turned grey as it should but then it hung.

I think it has to do with the greyscale image that you see when playing some aspects of the game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/pinobot/battlefield_hung_commander_zpsa2650dfe.jpg

Message 95 of 112 (1,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie
FYI, this isn't specific to Battlefield. Dragon Age: Inquisition also uses the same game engine and I am experiencing this same problem.

I have a hunch that this is related to some kind of program capable of an overlay. As I was reading through this thread, I realized that I hadn't experienced this early on in the game. Later, I started experiencing it on a regular basis.

Due to a separate bug, I always closed Teamviewer when playing. When there is a notification from TV, the game loses focus. In addition, the quick share button in the task bar prevents the game from working in full screen. I disabled both of these features, but I realize now that I haven't tested this without TV running since fixing those two problems.

Message 96 of 112 (1,836 Views)

★ Novice

I got same problem for a long time on my gtx660 in 2x-sli mode. I solved it by setting maximum fps to 60 with BF4 Settings Editor. Hope it will help someone.

Message 97 of 112 (1,781 Views)

★ Novice

i used clean installation for my gtx card and fixed it lawl

Message 98 of 112 (1,701 Views)

★★★ Novice

For (all) you AMD users. Here is the solution to this problem. Standard smile

solution screenshot

Message 99 of 112 (1,609 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this error is not due to your cars being overclocked, people tell you it is but its a lie.  I have had 5 gpus all doing same thing in bf4, i have formated and reinstalled my whole pc and same thing, i even used a completely differendt pc and same thing.  This is a huge issue in bATTLESILD 4,  Ashame its been going on so long and still no ones fixed it.  Im at my end with this game, ocf ill try again and again and agin, ive wasted hours on it but ill deffinatly not be buying anymore dice and ea games.

Message 100 of 112 (2,654 Views)