Re: BF4 DirectX Error, GetDeviceRemovedReason

by Axelmathew

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@dynamo_z3 wrote:

my rig i7 4770k, gigabyte 780ti, 16gb ram, 2 ssd's. 750 watt psu.

forever getting direct x error crashes in both bf3 and bf4!!!! All other games work fine. still no patch? nothing solves this mystery 

TLDR: Increase pagefile to 8gb or more. yes even if you have 16gb ram and a ssd (set initial size to 1gb and max. to 8gb)

Before i start to explain I got 12gb ram and the game on a ssd.

I noticed something really weird about my pagefile. I always had it set to start at 1gb and dynamically increase to 2gb max. if needed (almost never happens), bf4 never seemed to use any of it, but a while ago i noticed that bf4 would ALWAYS increase the max. size to 2gb while playing, even though it never filled any of it up (according to task manager and a widget only 500mb used), so i changed the max to 8gb and sure enough, after each new map the pagefile max. increased by about 1gb. while the usage remained at 500mb.

I played for 3hours without a single error ....

As soon as I quit the game, pagefile max size returned to 1gb.

Try it and see if it helps, got nothing to lose right.

Message 81 of 112 (3,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried everything but nothing worked. Reinstall, underclock GPU, underclock RAM, change settings, reinstall drivers.... Always directx error. I gaved up and cursed EA after months of trying.

I finnally solved it. I found one forum, where somebody solved it and it worked for me. 

in the battlefield 4 install folder make user.cfg file and edit it with notepad. 

Insert and save:

///

RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 128
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1

/////

Well I found that graphics driver got really high frame rate sometimes like 160 fps and crashed game. Driver apparently can not show framerate produced by game. 

This causes device hung. 

Just limit it to lower value like 60 -> GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60

I set to medium settings. 

You should see in the right top corner real Framerate per second if you did it right.  Set to PerfOverlay.DrawFps 0 if you dont want it anymore. It was quite useful for me. 

No more directX error YEAAAH.  I played for days now without crashing. 

Message 82 of 112 (3,051 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It works for me thanks you verry much

Message 83 of 112 (3,008 Views)

★★ Novice

it cant be the grapics card becasue in all the other games like Farcry 3 and watchdogs my GPU can run fine, BUT in Need For Speed Rivals i get the same error and guess what, its using the Frosbite Engine, all the games ive played with Frosbite i get the same error bf3, bf4 and need for speed

Message 84 of 112 (2,922 Views)

★ Novice

I have done all of the above as well. I even increased my fan speed on the video cards. I obtained a brand new 1000watt EVGA PSU. I still get the Dx error from time to time. I can always tell when it's going to happen. The game is running fine, no lag, no stutters and then after about 30-45 minutes I start experiencing a bit of lag coupled with some minor sound stuttering. If I keep playing for another 20 minutes it halts with that DX error. I do wish for a fix like everyone else. 

My specs--- [url=http://valid.canardpc.com/htldqx][img]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/htldqx-4.png[/img][/url...

Message 85 of 112 (2,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mayby a bit late but I managed to solve the problem:

I have this program called ASUS GPU Tweak wich allows me to monitor my graphical card and overclock it, with me the problem was that I had it overclocked too much, after I put it back to the original settings the error didn't pop-up anymore and I was able to play it with no problems for the rest of the day.

Message 86 of 112 (2,269 Views)

★★★ Novice

Found another fix for this. I tried everything before this and nothing worked. I uninstalled Nvidia geforce experience from my computer, and haven't had a one crash after that.

Message 87 of 112 (2,048 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i been having dx issues dx error 1 dx error 2 and removing  geoforce experience solved this as posted above no crashes yet!!

Message 88 of 112 (1,880 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

issues still there played for while then bang Frown

Message 89 of 112 (1,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

From one day to the other i'm gettin this crash! Over 350 hours ingame and i didnt change my settings at all - all the drivers are up2date and now the game is constantly crashing after the serverjoin.

Damn EA/Dice - This problems seems to be around for over a year now, and theres still no real solution??

Message 90 of 112 (1,832 Views)