Re: BF4 DLC on PS3 Doesn't transfer to PS4?

by zlhd05mxl07

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 DLC on PS3 Doesn't transfer to PS4?

★★★ Novice

hey, so I bought 2 packs of DLC for the PS3 version of Battlefield 4 about a couple weeks or so before I bought a PS4. I had heard that you can transfer your DLC from one console to another but apparently that does not seem to be the case... I had already sold my PS3 version of the game and am thinking about selling my PS4 copy of the game aswell because at this point I feel like I wasted money buying it full price when I already had a superior product before hand that I had also payed full price for.

[02/10/15] Battlefield 4 (PS4) Recipt: http://i.imgur.com/gZ0TMLE.png

[02/02/15] Dragons Teeth DLC: http://i.imgur.com/2UQbjUK.jpg

[01/29/15] Second Assault DLC: http://i.imgur.com/mVktwrj.jpg

if you need to check or verify anything, my PSN is Jordan_Ss4

- Jordan Harris

Message 1 of 9 (9,958 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

Woot is correct, no DLC (expansion packs, shortcut kit, etc) tranfsers between PS3-PS4 only the Premium status transfers because it is classified as a service by Sony instead of DLC.

Of note, this was a Sony upgrade offer to encourage PS3 players to upgrade to the PS4 and not an EA deal.  If you have further questions on why the DLC does not transfer you can contact Sony customer support here:

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

Support Site: www.us.playstation.com/Support
Consumer Services Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669
PlayStation®Network Accounts and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (9,874 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
My problem is that I pre-ordered on PS3 and just upgraded and my pre-order bonus didn't transfer even though I have guns unlocked from my PS3. Also I lost my pistol cheat thing that unlocks them all.
Message 2 of 9 (9,890 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Premium transfers.  Individual xpacs do not.

Stats transfer.  Gun "cheat  packs" I believe are considered DLC and wouldn't transfer either.

Stats & Premium only.

Message 3 of 9 (9,886 Views)

[ Edited ]

Woot is correct, no DLC (expansion packs, shortcut kit, etc) tranfsers between PS3-PS4 only the Premium status transfers because it is classified as a service by Sony instead of DLC.

Of note, this was a Sony upgrade offer to encourage PS3 players to upgrade to the PS4 and not an EA deal.  If you have further questions on why the DLC does not transfer you can contact Sony customer support here:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 4 of 9 (9,875 Views)

★ Novice

@ragnarok013 wrote:

So if premium status transfers over, will the DLC be downloadable in the store for free? 

Message 5 of 9 (8,821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What a bunch of crooks

Message 6 of 9 (6,659 Views)

@AkiraTheFo_1vgp wrote:

@ragnarok013 wrote:

So if premium status transfers over, will the DLC be downloadable in the store for free? 

Yes, what you need to do if you have premium is log in with the same PSN that you purchased premium with on PS3. Then start BF4, then go to the premium section of the BF4 in game store and purchase premium for zero dollars. Then completely close BF4 (not just suspend). After Premium downloads and successfully installs restart BF4 so it initializes with the premium entitlement present.  Now return to the premium section of the BF4 in game store and purchase all of the expansions covered by premium for zero dollars.  Allow them to download and install, completely close BF4 once more and after the expansions are all installed start BF4. Next go to multiplayer, server browser and click R3 to open the server browser and add the expansion maps and game modes that you wish to play so they'll show up in the server browser.

Message 7 of 9 (6,639 Views)

@onekill81 wrote:

What a bunch of crooks

It was a Sony promotion so are you voicing your displeasure over on the PlayStation forums as well? Sony could have said nothing transfers between console generations at all but they wanted to throw a carrot to encourage players to adopt their new PS4 early. Frankly I'm surprised the promotion is still going on years after the PS4's launch.

Message 8 of 9 (6,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i followed this guide and got them all back from ps3 to ps4

Message 9 of 9 (3,647 Views)