BF4 China Rising Expansion not working

by turtlebuds

Original Post

Re: BF4 China Rising Expansion not working

★★★ Newbie

Same for me - says I own the game - email says just start the game to play - when I do, it says I need the expansion downloaded - no obvious link - Doh!

Message 21 of 71 (3,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Kept having the same friggin problem of not being able to download for PC, even though I did update the game and there was nothing allowing to download, despite being premium. Even the tip of bringing up the Game Info in Origin didn't work, as even though it showed Early Access for CR, there was nothing that would allow for downloading it. The game said it was up to date as well seeing how I updated a few hours before.

Now for the ridiculous and saddening solution:

I finally decided that I'd quit origin out of despair and restart it. It came up with an origin update... Seriously? You can't fcking show a popup or some sort of notification that there is an Origin Update available? Like WTF.

After installing that 55MB Origin Update it proceeded to instantly update BF4 and download the CR expansion.
Why on earth it needs a friggin origin update to download an update/expansion for a friggin game is beyond me and beyond any reasoning.

Anyway if you are still having problems about not being able to play/download the expansion on PC, just restart fckin origin.

Message 22 of 71 (3,439 Views)

★★★ Novice

lol 1 issue down, 99 more to go.

Message 23 of 71 (3,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Me to its driving me nuts, also I tried calling EA and got a voice message says our help system has changed and refereed me to EA.help.com and I give them a brief of my problem and they will call me right away but there's no where on the site about them calling me back, **bleep** EA they better give me something for pain and suffering
Message 24 of 71 (3,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried theres no way to download it ,in the premium store it just talks about bf4 china rising

Message 25 of 71 (3,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Restarting origin worked for me.

Message 26 of 71 (3,353 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
How do we restart Origin on PS3?
Message 27 of 71 (3,327 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yeah exactly how? I've posted a similar thread to this for PS3 users with the same problems. ---->> http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/PS3-Premium-problem-for-China-Rising-DLC-BF4/td-p/1943207

EA needs to sort out some compensation for both this premium mess up, the moving of the double XP weekend and the fact that the public will most likely have this map pack before us premium members!!! seriously WTF!!!
Message 28 of 71 (3,300 Views)

★★ Novice

iv look on playstation store cant find it looked on battlefield store cant find it i can see the options in multiplayer for cr but cant play it. so what do i do on my ps4 to get cr working.

Message 29 of 71 (3,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i pre ordered bf4 digital delux on pc a while before the game was ever realesed which said it came with china rising. today i get an e-mail saying its available for download so i download it. when i try to join a server witht he china rising logo i get a pop up saying i need to diwnload china rising. if i join a server that has the china rising maps but no china rising logo the game crashes.

Message 30 of 71 (3,183 Views)