BF4 Beta Installation Issue. (Direct X error) Cabinet file not properly signed!

by Tango_Golf_42

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 Beta Installation Issue. (Direct X error) Cabinet file not properly signed!

★★ Novice

Ive tried absolutely everything and still nothing, Im on Win 8 pro 64 bit with the lasted Direct X 11. I cannot install the Beta even after 4 hours with EA support. Someone have any idea on how to fix .CAB files?

Message 1 of 37 (16,776 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 Beta Installation Issue. (Direct X error) Cabinet file not properly signed!

Community Manager

Alright, try this please:

Download the DirectX End User Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and place the file in your Battlefield 4 Beta DirectX Installer folder: C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\directx\redist

Then try the installation again.

View in thread

Message 5 of 37 (16,898 Views)

All Replies

Re: BF4 Beta Installation Issue. (Direct X error) Cabinet file not properly signed!

★★★ Newbie

Navagete to your Battlefield 4 Beta folder, if you have changed from default you can find the file path under Origin>Application Settings>Advanced.

Once you are in the Battlefield 4 Beta folder follow this path  __Installer/directx/redist

Once in the redist folder sort by file type, select all the .cab files and delete them.

Rerun the install and get ready for some beta action!

Message 2 of 37 (16,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Please open your Battlefield 4 installation folder and navigate into __Installer\directx\redist (the default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\__Installer\directx\redist)

Delete all .cab files from that folder, then run a Repair install on your Battlefield 4 (available via a right-click on Battlefield 4 in your games library).

Let us know if that helps.

edit: narf, too slow :D

Message 3 of 37 (16,662 Views)

★★ Novice

Repair install never came up as an option even with all cab files deleted. Im begining to believe im gonna miss out on the beta Frown

Message 4 of 37 (16,630 Views)

Community Manager

Alright, try this please:

Download the DirectX End User Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and place the file in your Battlefield 4 Beta DirectX Installer folder: C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\directx\redist

Then try the installation again.

Message 5 of 37 (16,899 Views)

★★ Novice
I did all that too... never worked. Went on youtube. Same problem with Battlefield 3 back in the day with the same fix. Never worked. Saw a comment saying that the computer just needed to be restarted. Restarted the computer. I will be enjoying the Beta tomorrow after work Standard smile
Message 6 of 37 (15,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks a lot, want to give me another go for your tag ? I gotta knife you in bf4 now! >:3  Ps.You're on youtube.

Message 7 of 37 (15,352 Views)

★★ Novice

Im currently working on your latest suggestion EADennis, I hope it works!!!!

Message 8 of 37 (15,273 Views)

★★ Novice

youre the man EADennis!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 37 (15,244 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to see that it worked for you. Enjoy the beta Standard smile

Message 10 of 37 (14,925 Views)