BF4 Beta Installation Issue. (Direct X error) Cabinet file not properly signed!

by Tango_Golf_42

Original Post

Re: BF4 Beta Installation Issue. (Direct X error) Cabinet file not properly signed!

★★★ Newbie

I did do the download and I went through the steps you said. The folder it claims it installed it to is empty however. And I do have the install option. I even tried to do a search on my computer for it and there is a folder for it but it was asking for a CD. The game I bought came with three Cds and on the third I as able to find quite a few files on it and I copied them over into one of my hard drives. Going to try to see if I can get it to work through this route .

Message 31 of 37 (752 Views)

Re: BF4 Beta Installation Issue. (Direct X error) Cabinet file not properly signed!

★★★ Newbie

That option is not working either it is thinking it is a zipped file for some reason so it is not seeing it when I try to put the files into it.

Message 32 of 37 (751 Views)

Community Manager

Could it be that Origin is detecting the disk and that's why it's saying "Install" instead of "Download"? In this case I would suggest running the setup file from the disk again or remove the disk completely and start downloading the game.

Message 33 of 37 (745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried that and it did not work the only thing it will install from the disk is Origin. It came with three CD's and that's the only thing it will install. The second Cd only wants to import 6 pictures and the third wants to do the same. I had to go into it to find the game files but it will not run them only wants to import. As I have stated before I have done the download but I cant find it on my computer. It is not where it says it is.

Message 34 of 37 (722 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All I know is that I am pissed and no game is worth this much trouble to try and install. I am very disappointed and it sucks that the store will not take the game back because I used the code already. Its just a waste of 64$

Message 35 of 37 (721 Views)

BF4

★★★ Newbie

directX Setup Error :The cabinet (.cab) file is not signed. any ideas??

Message 36 of 37 (597 Views)

★★★ Novice
I love you! It worked for me, yet it's abit disheartening to still see said error occurring. Any-who, THANKS!
Message 37 of 37 (473 Views)