Re: BF4 Beta. Can't control or input at all.

by Cobjeet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 Beta. Can't control or input at all.

★★★ Novice

So, I double click the Beta icon, find a server and join it, but once I do, I cannot move, or click anything. None of my keys do anything. The game doesn't seem to be frozen, and I can see things moving about, but I have no input whatsoever. If I could get some help on this, it would be vastly appretiated. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,906 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Welp. No idea how or why, but doing this 

1 - GO TO BF4 FOLDER (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist)
2 - OPEN _INSTALLER
3 - OPEN VC
4 - OPEN VC2012UPDATE3

5 - OPEN REDIST 

6 - THEN LAUNCH THE vcredist_x64.exe

Click in "reapair"

Fixed it, it seems. 

A big thanks to forei and tonfloorwalker apparently. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,932 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Just an update. I can hear ingame noises, hear chat, and for some reason I can still bring up the Origins menu, but once I do open up the Origins menu I can't do anything in it, except use Shift+F1 to close it. 

Message 2 of 7 (1,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

:manhappy: :manhappy: :manhappy: Another  update. I can spectate a game just fine.  :manhappy: :manhappy: :manhappy: My controls work, and my mouse ... actually  works. Too bad I can't play myself, but hey, I only paid 70 bucks right?:manhappy:  :manhappy: :manhappy: :manhappy: Why play when you can watch others play!? :manhappy:

Message 3 of 7 (1,879 Views)

★★★ Novice

Welp. No idea how or why, but doing this 

1 - GO TO BF4 FOLDER (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist)
2 - OPEN _INSTALLER
3 - OPEN VC
4 - OPEN VC2012UPDATE3

5 - OPEN REDIST 

6 - THEN LAUNCH THE vcredist_x64.exe

Click in "reapair"

Fixed it, it seems. 

A big thanks to forei and tonfloorwalker apparently. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,933 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

That's really interesting to know. Good that you having your controls back. I will add that to our internal data collection. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

See you on the battlefield!

Basti

Message 5 of 7 (1,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am still getting this problem, the repair trick didn't do anything. When I join the game I cannot click or use any leyboard buttons but I can open Origin in game.

I have tried a load of fixes but nothing. It's REALLY starting to get on my nervees

Message 6 of 7 (1,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

good set of instructions, I urge anyone having the problem to try this,

unfortunately these steps didn't help me. So the search continues

but thanks a million for the solution despite it didn't work for me Standard smile

UPDATE

well it works now.. After repairing vcredist, updating directx and manually installing Punkbuster... I finally 

cringed and installed 331.40 nvidia beta drivers and that did it. The game now takes input..

Hope this helps

Cobjeet

Message 7 of 7 (1,797 Views)