by Armidill0

Original Post

BF4 ATI Radeon HD 4800 series

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Message 1 of 10 (17,348 Views)

Re: BF4 ATI Radeon HD 4800 series

★★ Novice

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-vista64.aspx

about 3/4 down the page there is the "latest beta driver", 13.4. You need to extract that and then go to device manager and update the driver manually.

Im having loading issues though with 4850 using that driver (or any driver) so hopefully you have better luck than me.

Message 2 of 10 (17,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey, thanks for your advice I downloaded the latest beta driver from AMD and I was still having issues. But then I had the idea to completely uninstall EVERYTHING Catalyst related including the video drivers, restart, install the beta driver I downloaded, restart, and it works great

I would like to add though that as soon as I got in the game it was fairly buggy for me. I'm not sure if it was a video card issue or a BF4 issue.

Message 3 of 10 (17,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

would it be possible if u could make a quik video 

cause i have no idea what im doing

Message 4 of 10 (16,993 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry, I don't have time to put together a video but I can type up a more detailed explination of what I did. And remember before you do anything first download the program that was linked above my first post.

Basically click on the windows icon (the blue circle usually in the bottom left of your screen) then in the search bar type in "add remove programs" click on the search result that comes up that says "add remove programs"

You will see a list of programs you have installed on your computer find the "AMD Catalyst Install Manager" in the list, right-click on it and click "change"

A window will pop up click next and then you will be presented with three options. Click on the option that says "express uninstall ALL AMD software" this does exactly what it says and removes all AMD software. After it is finished your screen resolution will be terrible but don't attempt to fix it quite yet.

It will ask if you want to restart, click yes.

Now that your computer has restarted now you need to install the beta driver you downloaded before you started my instructions. The file that was linked in the post above my first one. Once you finish installing that just restart your computer and then your resolution should be back to normal and everything should be running smoothly.

If for whatever reason it does not run smoothly just repeat my steps above to uninstall everything again and then reinstall not the beta driver but the standard driver that can be found in the link above my first post.

I did a little more research on the bugs I was experiencing (the game kept crashing) and I found that the HD 4800 series does not meet the minimum requirements EA listed for the game (not suprisingly). So you too may experience some bugs and crashing so keep this in mind.

Message 5 of 10 (16,977 Views)

★★★ Novice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJaXfC9V6Io ok i made one if anybody needs help

Message 6 of 10 (16,829 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried the above and it didn't work for me. The game will load for me but i'm unable to interact with the Game. It only takes up half of the screen too. Very frustrating. The only thing letting my rig down is my Card!!!! 

Message 7 of 10 (13,982 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunatelly the Radeon HD 4800's GPUs were left behind by AMD as it seems, meaning we wont get any driver updates for them anymore.

I have a HD 4890 which has an outstanding performance on most top 2010-2012 games, running them on High or even Ultra. 

The problem with it is the fact the new games requires you to have "updated" drivers in order to run them correctly, even tho the performance is GREAT if you dont have an updated driver (which is the case of the HD 4800's series) you cannot play the game properly.

I know it sucks, but i'm sure the Radeon HD 4800 series is above the minimum requirements on BF4, the only issue is the goddamn 13.4 driver update.

Message 8 of 10 (13,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Running 8.970.100 (13.4) driver with Radeon 4890.  BF4 works OK, except dropping into the teens during heavy action.  BF4 averages via Fraps at 34 FPS.  High 70 FPS, Low 15 FPS.  Didn't uninstall old drivers, just installed new over top.  Still too laggy for me, getting 7970. 

Message 9 of 10 (13,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hy,

i had the same problems with my HD4870
 but thanks to the guru3d Forum and dellon132 I managed to get it running with a driver renamer.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4487884&postcount=1

bevore that I tryed a lot from inf data renaming, manually installing all drivers, win7 drivers... that was the thing that worked.

I hope I could help you.

See you on the battlefield

Message 10 of 10 (8,690 Views)