Re: BF3 Premium edition license file! Can't acces the BF4 exclusive beta? (XBOX360)

by JLV_mp4

Original Post

Re: BF3 Premium edition license file! Can't acces the BF4 exclusive beta? (XBOX360)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

EA updated their Beta information page

EA has officially confirmed that they screwed over everyone who bought a boxed version of Battlefield 3 Premium.

Here is a picture of the updated information for anyone who doesn't want to scroll down. Picture

The only way I can see this being fixed is for the Beta to be made public today, but since EA won't do that, they will just have to take another hit in the QA department.

Sucks, but I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles

Message 21 of 26 (1,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@C0LDSOLDIER wrote:

EA updated their Beta information page

EA has officially confirmed that they screwed over everyone who bought a boxed version of Battlefield 3 Premium.

Here is a picture of the updated information for anyone who doesn't want to scroll down. Picture

The only way I can see this being fixed is for the Beta to be made public today, but since EA won't do that, they will just have to take another hit in the QA department.

Sucks, but I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles

Well that sucks. Typical of DICE/EA, instead of admitting and apologising that they f'd up they just make some minor changes to the "details" of accessing beta and hoping no one will notice. Think I may cancel my pre-order if they are gonna be sly.

EDIT: If this IS the case then why did I (and i'm sure other bf3: premium edition" players get the invite notification? surely if it was meant for only those who purchased the "actual" licence then it would not give the invite pop up to other premium players?

Message 22 of 26 (1,334 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought BF3 premium game and not on martketplace. Dident get an invite. So yea EA f*cked us over #moneyback!

Message 23 of 26 (1,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Man im kind of pissed now, got Premium on PC (but only 32-bit Windows) and Premium on Xbox (but the boxed version, so this also aint gonna work.) I mean i really understand why they would make the beta 64 bit only on PC, but how can they f**k up the Xbox version so badly. Just put it into the Battlefield 3 ingamestore for Premium only like the DLCs and all is fine... but no, seems to be so hard to make thing actually work.

Oh and by the way, if it wasnt mentioned already, redownloading the license file does not help, just tried.

Message 24 of 26 (801 Views)

★ Novice

I'm gonna call someone, I'll make sure to record. Let's see how it turns out. I'll shout if necessary.

Message 25 of 26 (790 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The Solution is finally here!! 1 day before the open beta :P 

We receiving several contacts that following workaround helped on Xbox to solve the "missing Beta" issue:

- Log out of Xbox Live (before, make sure the MOHW LE online pass or BF3 Premium Edition file is present on your Xbox)

- Change your Console Settings Locale to United States

- Go to the Games tab, you should see "Access to Battlefield 4", select it

Don't select the Exclusive Beta yet! Log back into your account by pressing the Xbox key

- Close the Xbox Guide window by pressing B after you've logged back in and you should still see the Battlefield 4 Exclusive Beta tile, select it now and it should start the download

Cheers
Basti

Message 26 of 26 (854 Views)