BF 4 needs a next gen patch for PS5, Xbox Series S and X.

by kaijuseijin

Original Post

Re: BF 4 needs a next gen patch for PS5, Xbox Series S and X.

★★★ Newbie

Well since 2042 flunked and is terrible when’re we gonna get a 4k and 60 fps boost too battlefield 4. I’d rather play that due to it just being more fun than anything else I’ve played 

Message 11 of 25 (1,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wish they did now since 2042 is not even close to being good as battlefield 4

Message 12 of 25 (1,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Now that 2042 is released, and sucks balls, I have no reason to even buy a PS5. I was hoping 2042 would've been better than BF4. That would've given me enough to spend up to $1000 on a PS5. But BF2042 sucked. Playstation wouldn't give me a refund. So screw PS. 

I'm happy with BF4 on PS4.

Message 13 of 25 (1,590 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry Dice Pleas BF4 upgrade to 4k
Message 14 of 25 (1,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The next-generation update for the old works of the Battlefield series can make the classics forever remembered by players. The profit brought by a good work is only temporary, but its meaning will be remembered forever.

Message 15 of 25 (1,326 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kaijuseijin I have now got the game on PC and play with a controller. Unplayable on PS5.

Feels so nice playing it properly. 2042 is a waste of my time.
Message 16 of 25 (1,271 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PRZEMYSLAWFARON They wont, because they know people will stop playing 2042 even more. lol, i havent touched 2042 since before xmas.. i just play BF4 on PC now!
Message 17 of 25 (1,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can the FSR 2.0 technology recently updated by AMD solve this problem, such as improving the resolution of battlefield 4 on Xbox

Message 18 of 25 (942 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry Battlefield2042 was not designed for next gen consoles either lulllll.

With that said bf4 didn't get a PS4 pro patch either. Bf 1 and 5 did. They both performed better on the PS4 pro than PS4 I think Xbox had the same thing going on. I think they own it to the fanbase. People will not be playing bf2042 no matter how they update it. They should just release a bf4, and 1 next gen patches so the FANS can play a good bf game until a true next gen one is released.
Message 19 of 25 (705 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Barry 

Battlefield 4 really needs an update for the PS5 and/ or Xbox Series X.​ It would be great if updated to the PC version of the game.

I totally understand EA wouldn't make a profit from it, but at least it would help people to keep playing EA products over their competitors. COD is about to release, give the players something.

It's no use in my opinion to update Battlefield Portal with Battlefield 4 assets, because it wouldn't be the same game. Destruction, bullet velocities, animations, vehicle speed and movement each play a role in how the game feels and Battlefield portal doesn't correctly capture those elements from each game it tries to replicate.

Message 20 of 25 (674 Views)