BF 4 needs a next gen patch for PS5, Xbox Series S and X.

by kaijuseijin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF 4 needs a next gen patch for PS5, Xbox Series S and X.

★★★★ Novice

I recently installed BF4 on my PS5 and was terrible let down by how the game runs on the new hardware. Simply put: terrible.

The resolution is very bad and the framerate is all over the place.

This game is SCREAMING for a 4k native/checkerboard resolution/HDR/60fps patch.

Please, please, please EA and Dice, consider this!

I'm 49 and I've been playing the BF series since the original Battlefield 1942. Even have the

original box! I've attached a pic of it, hopefully it shows up.

Thanks again EA and Dice,

Kaijuseijin

Message 1 of 25 (8,193 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF 4 needs a next gen patch for PS5, Xbox Series S and X.

Community Manager

@kaijuseijin 

BF4 was not designed for next gen consoles; as suggested by @98Eazy , you guys might be better off waiting for October 22, 2021 when 2042 is released.

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 25 (8,136 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Yeah I've been thinking the exact same thing since I started playing BF4 again on my PS5. One could only dream Frown

I 100% doubt we'd get a graphical update for next-gen since a next-gen title is coming out this year.

Message 2 of 25 (8,164 Views)

Community Manager

@kaijuseijin 

BF4 was not designed for next gen consoles; as suggested by @98Eazy , you guys might be better off waiting for October 22, 2021 when 2042 is released.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 25 (8,137 Views)

★ Guide
@kaijuseijin well at least EA_Barry gave us a confirmed answer the Battlefield 2042 release date on October 22, 2021 where other forum asking.
Message 4 of 25 (8,110 Views)

★★★ Novice

I absolutely agree with this one. After seeing Modern Warfare 2019 getting upscaled 4K and 120fps patch, on a PS4 game, you'd imagine this is possible. At least 900p -> 1080p and actually utilise the SSD. 

Message 5 of 25 (8,099 Views)

★★★★ Novice

With the "revival" of BF 4 on PC and most assuredly home consoles, I think a next gen patch should be considered. Heck, I'd be

fine with 1440p/60fps!

There have been next gen patches for other games for the Series X/S and PS5. I know EA/Dice have their hands full with 2042 but

I still think they should take a look at BF 4 sometime in the future and at least *consider* a patch.

Message 6 of 25 (8,058 Views)

★★ Novice

Honestly, I would settle for 1080p resolution, playing the game is almost strenuous for long periods of time, which is unfortunate as I truly love this game. I feel that small of a resolution update should be feasible. Doing a full 4k update would almost make it unfair for older Xbox players, resulting in most likely a completely different version of the game needing to be released. But the code for a slight boost should be there as the PS4 version runs at a higher resolution already. 720p is just too rough. 

Message 7 of 25 (7,972 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree, it could of been updated during the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X era too. I'm not too fond of the "it's not built for next gen consoles" replies (no offense)... Because other games that get enhanced are not built for next gen consoles either? lol

Message 8 of 25 (7,944 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Barry Is there any chance in the future we would get a next Gen. Update for BF3, BF4 at all?
Message 9 of 25 (7,379 Views)

[ Edited ]

A software upgrade would be nice to increase the graphics if you play it on the New-gen console. 

But i don't expect it to happen, as the new Battlefield 2042 is just around the corner. 

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 10 of 25 (7,366 Views)