BATTLESCREEN: a guide to make it work in year 2020 :)

by OttoVP

Original Post

Re: BATTLESCREEN: a guide to make it work in year 2020 :)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

even im using an unfamiliar browser called slimbrowser https://www.slimbrowser.net/ that based on firefox Gecko engine, and i have no problems at all.

Message 11 of 28 (6,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just got this working in Chrome today. Click on the padlock next to the url > Site Settings. On that page I just allowed everything because I couldn't be bothered to try them one by one, but I'm guessing its only insecure content you need to allow. If that doesn't work I'd try Flash and Popups next in that order.

Let me know if you get it working or if you need any more pointers. 

Message 12 of 28 (6,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BinaryPil0t You are my hero! Thanks a million for making my second monitor useful during BF4 games. I hope someone buys you a beer in the near future.
Message 13 of 28 (6,610 Views)

★ Guide
@OttoVP can't see those .PNG
Message 14 of 28 (6,082 Views)

★★★ Novice

Manually allowing Insecure content in site settings worked for me.

Message 15 of 28 (5,704 Views)

★ Novice
@BinaryPil0t can confirm this works in chrome
Message 16 of 28 (5,355 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes sir, it's work (june 2021)

Message 17 of 28 (4,755 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Works 2021. Now if we would be able to have commander mode again. <3

Message 18 of 28 (4,459 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@BinaryPil0t Another way to make it work in Edge is:
1 - copy the battlescreen URL
2 - go to Edge settings for insegure contents (edge://settings/content/insecureContent)
3 - add battlescreen URL to the allowed sites
4 - that's it. Enjoy your game.
Message 19 of 28 (3,943 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@icone99 , @OttoVP , @TheNorthFIN , @OhNoItsAyMan , @Est_Prophet ...

Hi everybody!

I am in a discussion with other players on the BF2042 forum, whereof one appear not to know/understand what the Battlescreen did and did not do.  Some appear upset about the Battlescreen even being there as a valid add-on to the gameplay.  But for what I can see, then both arguments that are brought up are not correct at all with reality on what Battlescreen did and did not show.  (1.The battlescreen did not show all enemies. Only those that had been spotted/tagged.  2. No, the battlescreen did not show more information than the Commander had in the game.  On the contrary, the Commander had also visibility to each squad, their specific locations, etc) 

See the forum thread here please, where the Battlescreen is being debated for BF2042:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Separate-monitor-for-map/m-p/10584357#M12236

So would appreciate if you would care to join that discussion as you obviously all here are the real experts and experienced users of the battlescreen function.  I personally enjoyed it a lot and would also welcome its return to the BF2042 game.  Thank you!

Message 20 of 28 (3,582 Views)