Attack Heli TV Missile Self Shoot Bug

by lIII_SHADOW_IIl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Attack Heli TV Missile Self Shoot Bug

★ Apprentice

Hi, for approximately 2 years i am witnessing that bug. This is a bug that makes Attack Heli's Gunner Shot his own heli with his TV missile just in the time that he/she presses to "fire" button. TV missile shots left wing of the attack heli and kills the gunner with exploding his own attack heli with him. Pilot remains alive and unharmed during that moment and tries to figure out what happened. I wonder why that bug still exists actually. I have died so many times during attack heli PVPs because of that bug. It ruines the game.

Message 1 of 3 (484 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Attack Heli TV Missile Self Shoot Bug

Hero
Hey @lIII_SHADOW_IIl Sorry to say that this bug will probably not be fixed. It's a shame as it's a frustrating one.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (466 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Hey @lIII_SHADOW_IIl Sorry to say that this bug will probably not be fixed. It's a shame as it's a frustrating one.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 3 (467 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@lIII_SHADOW_IIl
Shooting a TV Missile by aiming it upwards as far as it will possibly go before firing it almost guarantees that you'll shoot the nose off your AH when you do fire .
A wing shot off instead of a nose also implies this same form of extreme aiming , but in a totally different direction :P

Since becoming aware of this bug , if I want to aim extremely far forward , I don't .
I'll still aim ALMOST too far forward to fire my TV's but I'll also immediately chase this firing right away with a mousing motion that's ferociously rushing forward .
This provides the AH I'm gunning in with a safety level against my fired TV's similar to that of sea-launched Tomahawk Cruise missiles popping well-and-safely enough away from a ship before it fires its rockets .

tl;dr?
Extreme aiming when firing TV Missiles?
A bug may bite you , but it's easy to 'kill' .
Don't feed it - Quit Extreme Aiming .
I did , and it works .
(if it's happened 10 times , 9 were years ago)

Message 3 of 3 (419 Views)