An error was reported from EA Online: I can spectate but cant play

by RuleofAquisition

Original Post

Re: An error was reported from EA Online

★★★ Novice

I have two soldier accounts also, not sure how that happened.  I can click on choose soldier and i can pick from ratsflif or ratsflif1, both give the same error. 

Message 41 of 151 (1,660 Views)

Re: An error was reported from EA Online

★★★ Novice

Same here lol this video should explain why these things are happening and give you at least half an hour to bide your time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxXEidtxHk

Keep in mind the stuff about sony is outdated information but the stock information is all valid.  Come on EA you can make this work we ALL know you can.

Message 42 of 151 (1,597 Views)

Re: An error was reported from EA Online: I can spectate but cant play

★★ Novice
with the two soldiers, I have the problem also but even longer...but I can use only one soldier(BF3)...

Still no reply from EA?
Spoiler
Confusedmileymad:
Message 43 of 151 (1,582 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem.  I can join as a spectator with no issue, but can't join as a normal player.  Whenever I try to join as a normal player, I get "An error was reported from EA Online".  This occurs with every single server.  I was chatting with Origin support for an hour and everything we tried was unsuccessful.  Even opened up all the ports that the EA support site suggested.  This is extremely frustrating because I had today off from work and the entire day is pretty much wasted.  EA PLEASE HELP!!

Message 44 of 151 (1,490 Views)

★★ Novice

I as well have two soldiers somehow, however I'm getting the same issue everyone else is here. Currently in the queue for EA support and going to try and delete this second soldier and try to see if that works. BF3 works fine, even with two soldiers, but BF4 won't let me play but I can spectate just as you all said as well. I've also forwarded an email to an EA Community Manager to see if he can get the ball rolling faster or something..

Message 45 of 151 (1,471 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same for me. The trace i can get in debugger when i try to connect to a server:

{"type":"error","message":"BACKEND","data":{"backtrace":"Class: LauncherBackendException\n    errorMessage = 'GAMEMANAGER_ERR_ROLE_NOT_ALLOWED(None)'"}}

Message 46 of 151 (1,462 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here. Tried it at 7am EST before i went to work, just got home from work at 4:30pm figuring it would be fixed and i could play but....nope. Tried reboot, updating drivers, reinstalling. Nothign. However i can do spectator mode. But I want to play it!!!! 

Message 47 of 151 (1,397 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I feel your pain. Watching my roommates play is hell.

Message 48 of 151 (1,376 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just signed in to say same problem here.

I've seen multiple posts on Battlelog about it but they get buried within seconds so I hope Dice are aware of this problem.

Message 49 of 151 (1,345 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same Problem.

Message 50 of 151 (1,311 Views)