An error was reported from EA Online: FIX

by NickyAmerica

Original Post

An error was reported from EA Online: FIX

★★★ Novice

So, I have found the fix to people who were getting this error.

If you have multiple soldiers, and you have atleast one which has THE SAME NAME AS YOUR ORIGIN ACCOUNT, USE THAT ONE.

The problem might have only been occurring for people who bought Premium for accounts which had multiple soldiers.

You most likely have a Battlefield soldier with the same name as your Origin account. Simply use that one.

Message 8 of 12 (10,389 Views)

An error was reported from EA Online

★★★ Novice

Get this error when trying to connect to servers then am prompted to reconnect which fails...have logged out/in, rebooted and so on...no joy.

Message 1 of 12 (10,335 Views)

Re: An error was reported from EA Online

★★★ Novice

Same here - utter BS form EA as usual.

Message 2 of 12 (10,259 Views)

Need one of my Soldiers deleted,

★★ Apprentice

Hello im getting the " An error was reported from EA ONLINE" message, i need my soldier sebban89 deleted, i heard that , this was the cause of the problem. 

Message 3 of 12 (10,223 Views)

Cannot join servers to play but can spectate. (PC, Windows 64-bit)

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I try to use battlelog to connect to the servers it says

"ERROR

An error was reported from EA Online"

I can join games to spectate just fine but cannot play. I have had this problem since closed beta being a premium member and having access.

EA you really need to start responding to your customers. Because with the way this is going I won't be buying the game.
Message 4 of 12 (10,222 Views)

"An error was reported from EA online" Error FIX

★★ Novice

Hello,

Today I contacted the support to get some help regarding this error. We found a workaround to fix this error. I'm posting the chat with the game advisor. 

You are now ready to chat with Shobhit.
Shobhit
Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Shobhit. How may I assist you today?
Shobhit
Hello Riccardo
Shobhit
It seems that you are away from the Keyboard, please let me know if we are still connected.
you
Hello
Shobhit
Hello
you
Sorry, I was away
Shobhit
Np
you
I can't play online in Battlefield 4, i keep getting "an error was reported from ea online"
you
I tried the troubleshooting but i don't find the change soldier button in my profile page
Shobhit
I am sorry to hear that, I'll do my best to resolve your issue
Shobhit
To begin with, can I have the email address and the full name you have registered in your account?
Shobhit
Thank you!
Shobhit
Okay please go to http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/gate/
Shobhit
Click on the Profile button in the top right corner of Battlelog and select Change Soldier.
Shobhit
From here you should see a list of soldiers associated with that account, one of which will be Active and highlighted in green.
you
Ok, there is no change soldier button, I only see edit profile, and I have the list of my soldiers on the right
Shobhit
Click on the Active button next to one of the alternate soldiers and then attempt to access the Battlefield 4 Beta again.
Shobhit
If you still receives this issue ask them to repeat Step 3 for each of the soldiers associated with their account.
you
I don't have the change profile button!
you
I just see edit profile, and on my soldiers list there is no change soldier button
Shobhit
Alright, did you change your account password recently
you
No, i changed it more than 5 months ago i think
Shobhit
Oky !
Shobhit
Please now allow origin and game from firewalls as an exception.
Shobhit
: Microsoft has a walkthrough of the process for doing this on their support site here:
you
The beta was working yesterday, and this afternoon too
Shobhit
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Allow-a-program-to-communicate-through-Windows-Firewall
you
Origin is not blocked by the firewall
Shobhit
Alright
Shobhit
Make sure Punkbuster is running properly

1. Press and hold the Windows key + R on your keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and click OK.

3. Verify that PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB appear.

o If these services appear but do not say 'Started' next to them, right-click on the first one and select Properties.

o Under the Startup pull down menu, select Automatic.

o Press the Start button just below the pull down.

o Repeat this for the other service if necessary
Shobhit
Confirm the result if PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB appears as started and automatic
you
Ok, so PnkBstrA is running, but PnkBstrB isn't
Shobhit
Manually update it from Even Balance now
Shobhit
http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1
Shobhit
Once downloaded, open PBSetup and select Add a Game and add Battlefield 3 from the available list.
After adding Battlefield 3, click Check for Updates until you receive a message stating No New Updates Needed.
This may take several updates depending on the game and version of PunkBuster.
you
Ok
you
Ok, it's updated
Shobhit
Confirm the result if PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB appears as started and automatic
you
PnkBstrA is running but PnkBstrB isn't
Shobhit
If updating did not help, have them run the Punkbuster Services executable program which can be located in the program Files folder
Tell them to open C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3
Once they are there, look for pbsvc.exe or just pbsvc and open the exe
Then select Install/Re-install Punkbuster Service and complete the three steps.

If they cannot find the pbsvc.exe in the BF3 folder, have them install it from the link below
Shobhit
http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php
you
Reinstalled it, now PnkBstrB is running
Shobhit
Great !
Shobhit
Could you please logout from origin and then again login and then try to launch the game
you
It works!
you
Thank you very much
Shobhit
Great !!!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps. 

P.S: Sorry for my bad english

Message 5 of 12 (10,393 Views)

An error was reported from EA online, cannot connect to EA servers from your computer with your account

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

To introduce my issues, first I pre-ordered BF4 and was given access to the exclusive beta in origin. When I tried to play it however, I got the message that an error was reported from EA and couldn't connect to their servers etc. I tried following a post from riky790 who outlined how he fixed the issue I currently have. I tried everything he listed, and nothing worked for me. Now that the open beta is out I figured I would be able to get in a game. I'm still getting that same message. If anybody at EA has a lead on what's going on, please let me know. I've also tried most of the other "solutions" that have worked for others, but no luck.

Thanks,

Johann212

Message 6 of 12 (10,255 Views)

Re: An error was reported from EA online, cannot connect to EA servers from your computer with your account

[ Edited ]
Hero

You should mention what other solutions you have tried. Mostly so people don't waste their time writing solutions you have already tried, but also so others with your problem can see what they might havn't tried yet.

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 12 (10,246 Views)

An error was reported from EA Online

★★★ Newbie

I cant join a server! it works fine on my ps3 but I want to check it out on my PC but of coarse, it doesn't fricking work it keeps on saying there was an error reported from EA online

Message 9 of 12 (10,225 Views)

Re: "An error was reported from EA online" Error FIX

★ Novice

This totally worked.

Message 10 of 12 (10,325 Views)