Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

After update today, cannot join server. Says connection error BF4 on PS3

by mikiemike83

Original Post

Highlighted

After update today, cannot join server. Says connection error BF4 on PS3

★★ Newbie

I can load the game and get to Quick Match.  When I select any of the match types, I get through the Matchmaking screen and then it goes to the Joining Server screen and tries for a while but fails with an Error:

ERROR: Failed to join the game.  Please check your network connection and try again.

I am connected to the internet and can view websites in the Internet Browser on the PS3 but for some reason I cannot join a multiplayer game in BF4.  

Can anyone help?!?!?!

Message 1 of 5 (1,857 Views)
Highlighted

Re: After update today, cannot join server. Says connection error BF4 on PS3

★ Novice

Same thing has been happening to me as well.....I did the update on Tuesday and wasn't able to get on till last nite. I went to the web browser and deleted all cookies, history, cache, and authetification..Then got in on a TDM game...However once I quit game and tried to get back on Multiplayer, I got the "failed to join" error....I'm on a PS3 80GB w/ Backwards compatiblity SDK....

Message 2 of 5 (1,677 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
Been having the same issue. I found it works if I join a server through the server browser. Funny part is I can join any china rising map no problem, every time but the original maps is touch and go. Using a PS3
Message 3 of 5 (1,615 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Ok, it's now been a week and I still have the same problem...Hello EA??? What gives here? Is this just an isolated case?...

Message 4 of 5 (1,428 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

This has gone long enough without a fix, or even being addressed. I'm still having the same issue, and I can't quite put my finger on whats the cause. On Tuesday, I was able to start my PS3 and go right into multiplayer, matchmaking, and join a server...When I quite playing, and tried to go back in, I get the failed to join error. However, I can sometimes fix the problem by deleting my saved PS3 profile, and redownloading/copying my previous profile (from online storage). I can also sometimes fix the problem by just  browsing DICE servers that are empty (which they all are), join one of them, toy around a little bit, quit, and then join an actual game with no failed to join error....

So there are a couple of things  there, that are short term fixes...However, it is extremely frustrating to do all this everytime I fire up BF4 on my PS3....If someone from DICE would like to message me and go over these, by all means please do.....

Message 5 of 5 (1,399 Views)