Re: After update today, cannot join server. Says connection error BF4 on PS3

by glen421

Original Post

After update today, cannot join server. Says connection error BF4 on PS3

★★★ Newbie

I can load the game and get to Quick Match.  When I select any of the match types, I get through the Matchmaking screen and then it goes to the Joining Server screen and tries for a while but fails with an Error:

ERROR: Failed to join the game.  Please check your network connection and try again.

I am connected to the internet and can view websites in the Internet Browser on the PS3 but for some reason I cannot join a multiplayer game in BF4.  

Can anyone help?!?!?!

Message 1 of 5 (2,738 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing has been happening to me as well.....I did the update on Tuesday and wasn't able to get on till last nite. I went to the web browser and deleted all cookies, history, cache, and authetification..Then got in on a TDM game...However once I quit game and tried to get back on Multiplayer, I got the "failed to join" error....I'm on a PS3 80GB w/ Backwards compatiblity SDK....

Message 2 of 5 (2,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Been having the same issue. I found it works if I join a server through the server browser. Funny part is I can join any china rising map no problem, every time but the original maps is touch and go. Using a PS3
Message 3 of 5 (2,445 Views)

★ Novice

Ok, it's now been a week and I still have the same problem...Hello EA??? What gives here? Is this just an isolated case?...

Message 4 of 5 (2,258 Views)

★ Novice

This has gone long enough without a fix, or even being addressed. I'm still having the same issue, and I can't quite put my finger on whats the cause. On Tuesday, I was able to start my PS3 and go right into multiplayer, matchmaking, and join a server...When I quite playing, and tried to go back in, I get the failed to join error. However, I can sometimes fix the problem by deleting my saved PS3 profile, and redownloading/copying my previous profile (from online storage). I can also sometimes fix the problem by just  browsing DICE servers that are empty (which they all are), join one of them, toy around a little bit, quit, and then join an actual game with no failed to join error....

So there are a couple of things  there, that are short term fixes...However, it is extremely frustrating to do all this everytime I fire up BF4 on my PS3....If someone from DICE would like to message me and go over these, by all means please do.....

Message 5 of 5 (2,229 Views)