Activation Required (BF4)

by loudanger

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Activation Required (BF4)

★★★ Novice

I own the game more than 5 years ago and suddenly origin won't let the game start from Battlelog (Firefox) asking for ACTIVATION.

After entering the code, Origin says "code is already activated"

Message 1 of 10 (4,269 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Activation Required (BF4)

Message 9 of 10 (3,713 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
same
Message 2 of 10 (4,206 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.

Message 3 of 10 (4,205 Views)

Rif.: Activation Required (BF4)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @loudanger@0BytesOfUnknown@hellk666 

I would try to reinstall the origin client. Also try to clear the cache after the uninstallation (check this guide).

If the problem persists contact an Ea Advisor to check if there's something wrong with your account.

Regards 

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

Message 4 of 10 (4,156 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@IIDaZzuII  @loudanger  @0BytesOfUnknown  @hellk666 

EA is aware and working on it. Here is the official comment: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Unidentified-game-problem/m-p/7800285#M231227

<<We are aware of the issue trying to start games using Battlelog and that you get an activation window coming up. The only workaround is starting Battlefield 4 using the origin launcher and not Battlelog. 

No eta on a fix but we are working on it. >>

Message 5 of 10 (4,148 Views)

★ Apprentice

That message has now gone from the battle-log page but is still NOT working!  He keeps asking to activate

Message 6 of 10 (4,108 Views)

@loudanger wrote:

I own the game more than 5 years ago and suddenly origin won't let the game start from Battlelog (Firefox) asking for ACTIVATION.

@loudanger you can still use Battlelog but you have to use the pluging launcher method (uncheck the use plugin free launching option in the Battlelog settings), then you cannot use Chrome as Chrome doesn't use the plugin. I've found out of the major browsers IE (not Edge) works almost 100% of the time, next Opera has a pretty good track record, and Firefox has a spotty track record for launching with the Battlelog plugin. I verified that this method works after reading this thread

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 10 (4,095 Views)

★★ Novice

me to m8

@loudanger wrote:

Message 8 of 10 (3,774 Views)

Message 9 of 10 (3,714 Views)

★ Novice

The accepted solution worked for me.

Message 10 of 10 (3,593 Views)