Account Linking Issue

by WendigoVP

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Account Linking Issue

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So I am trying to hop on to BF4 to play some online for the first time on my new Xbox series X, I just downloaded the game and tried to hop in. It says that I need to sign in, so I try to. I get the error message saying Your accounts cant be linked because the EA account for "my email" is already linked to the following Xbox live profiles. It then lists my gamer tag. The issue is that WendigoVP is the gamer tag I'm on right now and the email is the one I am trying to sign in with, so what's the issue here? I talked with support and they said "I checked your account and I did not find this issue there." I dont understand why its giving me an error. Image of error attached below. 

[Edit: All caps removed from title - ElliotLH]

Message 1 of 10 (1,180 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account Linking Issue

Community Manager

@WendigoVP 

Thanks for trying that. This is sounding like an account issue. It would be good to contact an advisor again to see if they can help. To do that, please try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (1,034 Views)

All Replies

Re: ACCOUNT LINKING ISSUE

Community Manager

Hi there, @WendigoVP 

That's really odd. You shouldn't get that message unless your gamertag is linked to a different EA account. Possibly, there is an syncing issue here. Try going to profile.ea.com and log in. Then, try playing again. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,145 Views)

★ Novice

I logged into the website you sent, no luck. Under connections it says that it is connected to WendigoVP which is in fact the account i am trying to log in with. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,136 Views)

Community Manager

@WendigoVP 

Thanks for the response. We'll try a couple other things. First, try deleting your personal saved data for Battlefield 4. Press the Guide button and then highlight the BF4 tile. Then, hit the Menu button. It's the small one to the right of the Guide button with 3 horizontal lines on it. Next, go to Manage game and add-ons > Saved data. Delete the file with your gamertag on it. There is the risk of losing offline saves and changes to settings you've made. Normally, those download from the cloud, but I can't guarantee this.

If that doesn't work, try clearing your alternate MAC address with these steps:

Go to your Xbox Settings
Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

Let me know if that makes a difference or not.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,128 Views)

★ Novice

No luck, same error.

Message 5 of 10 (1,094 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@WendigoVP wrote:

So I am trying to hop on to BF4 to play some online for the first time on my new Xbox series X, I just downloaded the game and tried to hop in. It says that I need to sign in, so I try to. I get the error message saying Your accounts cant be linked because the EA account for "my email" is already linked to the following Xbox live profiles. It then lists my gamer tag. The issue is that WendigoVP is the gamer tag I'm on right now and the email is the one I am trying to sign in with, so what's the issue here? I talked with support and they said "I checked your account and I did not find this issue there." I dont understand why its giving me an error. Image of error attached below. 

[Edit: All caps removed from title - ElliotLH]

Hi @WendigoVP ,

We have at times similar issue on PlayStation when having multiple consoles you play on.  So though I am not deeply familiar with MSFT Xbox, you should be careful to not have the auto sign-on enabled on your old xbox.  And the old xbox should also no longer be your "master HOME account holder".  This should instead be created and moved to be your new Xbox X, if that is from where you want to utilize your Xbox Live services going forward.  E.g. the GOLD subscription does only allow one HOME console at a time.  So you need to 'downgrade' your old one.  If your BF4 gaming is linked to your Xbox Live subscription, then this could be the cause of your current error situation.

As said, I am no xbox expert, but have had similar messaging when moving across multiple PlayStation consoles, where I was the 'master account holder' in the family.

Message 6 of 10 (1,072 Views)

★ Novice

I did as advised below, made sure my xbox x was the home console. I no longer have my old 360 so I cant do anything with that. unfortunately that didn't help the error. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,062 Views)

Community Manager

@WendigoVP 

Thanks for trying that. This is sounding like an account issue. It would be good to contact an advisor again to see if they can help. To do that, please try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I'm trying to register for the MCS thanksgiving tournament  it says " Before trying to reconnect your EA account, please go to http://profile.ea.com/, log out of your current account, then come back here and click RECONNECT. " but under that it says account not link and then this EA account is already in use . I've registered before but now I can't register again. 

Message 9 of 10 (619 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @hxadhuncho 

Please see my previous email. Support will need to help with this.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 10 (599 Views)