3 Titans - 8050 x 1600 surround but Yet BF4 is crashing... Please help

by DPOverLord

Original Post

3 Titans - 8050 x 1600 surround but Yet BF4 is crashing... Please help

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I never played any of the battlefields. I bought this game as did 15 of my friends from TF2 and a few other games just so we can immerse ourselves and build a clan.

My computer easily is over 5k.... So What is going on here? Why is BF4 crashing every time

3 Titans

3 30" monitors 

I play at  8050 x 1600 with bezel correction

I load up crashes with some "not enough memory" error on my first load out. I wonder "Not enough memory, each titan has 6GB"

I built this computer just for BF4. Frame rates are at 30FPS on ulta so of course I tone it down.

I think to myself ok.... Next part I put the settings at medium... it works! Great!!! Then the level ends, I realize I really do not know how to play and figure ok, can't be too bad play a few matches get the "Swing" of things. Nope, the game crashes... No reason at all.

Next step, I load it in window mode, game runs... the campaigns ends, crashes to windows again.

Now I am getting really annoyed. I start the single player campaign, it gets 15 minutes in, my frame rate seems very fluid so I raise the settings to "high", 15 minutes later I have to alt tab out to restart the game.

What is going on here? I don't mean to make this long and drawn out, typically I would write a post as "Problem" Solution, etc. This is just unreal...

Anyone able to help, I find it hard to believe a game would be put out that cannot even load, Battlefield has a massive following, hence why I joined..... There is no way these bugs were not found before it was released.

EDIT:

System 4.3GHZ i7

Ram: 16GB

GPU: EVGA Titan @ 1050mhz x3

Monitor: 3 Dell 30" have not put up the 30" Accessory monitor yet...

PSU: 1300watt

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013

Ergo keyboard

2 SSD Raid 0, 3 4TB WD Red

I definitely should not be having issues here...

One of the crash reports:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	bf4.exe
  Application Version:	1.0.0.1
  Application Timestamp:	52963762
  Fault Module Name:	bf4.exe
  Fault Module Version:	1.0.0.1
  Fault Module Timestamp:	52963762
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	0000000000b52efa
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	9136
  Additional Information 2:	9136a4bce8b19c39a22d8a49fef88859
  Additional Information 3:	5bbd
  Additional Information 4:	5bbd61231e96008cb178640fc0f0eea9

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Message 1 of 4 (288 Views)

Re: 3 Titans - 8050 x 1600 surround but Yet BF4 is crashing... Please help

★★★★ Novice

This is so frustrating hours later, I am now stuck on the boat titan mission. This game is bugged that the boat wont even enter the ship. 30 minutes game crashes now its back to the begining and I have to redo the whole thing.

EA, was this game even QA Tested? I have just purchased my first game from you, and I would really respect an answer. There is no way ANY game should have this many issues on a launch. My friends and I bought 15 copies of this game and we are ALL having these issues. It is not just me with a "fancy $5k+" computer, some have laptops, some have basic, to extreme machines. I am just not able to understand how this could be happening to a game that was in development for so long.

I really believe in you guys, but there should be a logical explanation for this....

Message 2 of 4 (260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hear you buddy. I use 2 GTX 480's an i7@3.6ghz and yada yada. My game crashes saying I dont have enough graphics memory. Apparently 4gb's isnt enough ontop of 8gbs of system RAM. I have no solution syet. I've tried differant SLI profiles and CPU fixes but all same result. The only thing that works is turning off SLI. I'm sure one Titan can max out BF4 so I'd try that!

Message 3 of 4 (221 Views)

★★★★ Novice

With 2 titans at this resolution I can go on High with some on medium on a 64 person server. Dont forget the high resolution. 

The system has 6GB of memory, but the GPU's only max use 3GB per card when being utilized at 100%

Message 4 of 4 (217 Views)