Re: xbox one battlefield 3 existing player profile data appears to be damaged an

by KShub89

Original Post

xbox one battlefield 3 existing player profile data appears to be damaged and ca

★★ Novice

Have deleted the game and my game save reinstalled and ran the game. Still have the same problem with it saying "Battlefield 3 existing player profile data appears to be damaged and cannot be used." The usual solve for this problem does not work.

Message 1 of 19 (4,388 Views)

Re: xbox one battlefield 3 existing player profile data appears to be damaged an

Community Manager

There's a few things we can try here if you're still getting that error.

1. Power cycle the console: http://bit.ly/XB1_PowerCycle

2. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

3. Remove the Gamertag from your Xbox One and re-add it. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-account-xbox-one
  4. Go to My Games & Apps and delete the saved data for BF3.

Keep us updated and good luck!

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 19 (4,361 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

So after trying all of these solutions it still has not fixed the issue...

Message 3 of 19 (4,343 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for getting back. What about this solution, does this work? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/quot-Existing-player-profile-data-appears-to-be-damaged-quot...

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 19 (4,325 Views)

★★★★ Novice

None of these resolved my issue., still getting the "Existing player profile data appears to be damaged and cannot be used." error

Message 5 of 19 (4,126 Views)

Community Manager

@KILBY1 

Try clearing the saved data. Go to My Games & Apps>Highlight BF3>Press Start>Manage Game. Clear the saved data and restart your Xbox One. If you still receive this error after deleting the Gamertag from your system and reinstalling, please contact our Live-Support team at your earliest convenience so we can get you back on the battlefield. 

Click here to contact an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 19 (4,114 Views)

@KShub89 wrote:

Have deleted the game and my game save reinstalled and ran the game. Still have the same problem with it saying "Battlefield 3 existing player profile data appears to be damaged and cannot be used." The usual solve for this problem does not work.

@KShub89 on which platform are you playing? Did you also delete any cloud save data on Origin, Xbox Live, or PSN?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 19 (4,110 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So here is the run down

Deleted my xbox one profile,

Deleted the battlefield 3 online patch # 6

Deleted the Xbox 360 profile

Deleted all saved data on both the Xbox one and the Xbox 360

Rebooted system after each uninstall

Reinstalled everything eccept the update.

Issue remains.

Im thinking that the cloud saved profile data is corrupt because i even watch the machine download the profile and I still get the error.

I sure do appreciate you looking into this.

Message 8 of 19 (4,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just now factory reset my Xbox One X and disconnected my 1 tb drive and left it disconnected.

Once the system came back up, I put my BF3 disk in and tested.

Issue remains.

This proves that it is not the console.

Does EA handle the online profile or does Microsoft?

And how do I request assistance?

Message 9 of 19 (4,042 Views)

Community Manager

For help with your Xbox Gamertag you'll want to reach out to our friends at Xbox Support. It's unfortunate to hear what's happening to you on your end, please keep us updated on the results.

Click here to speak with Xbox Support

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 19 (4,031 Views)