"We could not activate Battlefield 3" PC

by Mnawe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"We could not activate Battlefield 3" PC

★★★ Novice

Suddenly, whenever I try to launch the game I get a window telling me "We could not activate Batttlefield 3 Limited Edition on this computer using the Origin Account you provided. Please Locate your product key to activate the game using your Origin Account.

This is despite the fact I've registered and been playing the game since launch. I've tried all the steps mentioned here: https://help.ea.com/article/unable-to-activate-battlefield-3

I've even reinstalled Origin, and tried re entering my key. No success. Playing on the same account, same computer - though I did upgrade to Windows 8 fairly recently. I can log into Battlelog OK, and BF3 still appears in my Origin games list, is fully updated, and synched to cloud.

Any other fixes I can try out?

Message 1 of 12 (15,939 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "We could not activate Battlefield 3" PC

★★★ Novice

I don't know what I did (at least 95% sure that this is how it fixed for me) but mine is working

C:\ProgramData\Origin and delete everything in there

and

C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts and deleted everything in there

the restart your computer

When re-opening origin it will say updating on anygames you have downloaded wait for it to complete and cross your fingers

Not sure if it will work for you or if this fixed it but this is how mine started working.

Also I ran cc cleaner before hand but that didn't fix it after the first restart.

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (17,161 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I got the same Problem

Message 2 of 12 (15,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me, but all I did was change my motherboard.  But apparently, according to Windows 8, this means throwing all your game licenses in the garbage T_T

Message 3 of 12 (15,907 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not having any issue with any other Origin games, oddly enough.

Message 4 of 12 (15,894 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue here

Message 5 of 12 (15,888 Views)

★★★ Novice

Finally got through to tech support webchat. They were friendly enough, but eventually just told me my account/serial was fine, suggested running in Windows 7 compatibility mode (which was unsuccessful) and left me with an expensive 0870 number to call.

I really hope they're working on a patch for this.

Message 6 of 12 (15,863 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't know what I did (at least 95% sure that this is how it fixed for me) but mine is working

C:\ProgramData\Origin and delete everything in there

and

C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts and deleted everything in there

the restart your computer

When re-opening origin it will say updating on anygames you have downloaded wait for it to complete and cross your fingers

Not sure if it will work for you or if this fixed it but this is how mine started working.

Also I ran cc cleaner before hand but that didn't fix it after the first restart.

Message 7 of 12 (17,162 Views)

★★★ Novice

This worked, thanks!

Message 8 of 12 (15,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

also delete core folder \Battlefield 3\Core then check for update

Message 9 of 12 (14,572 Views)

★ Novice

thanks man its working