"Battlefield 3 has stopped working" multiplayer and campaign. PC error message

by ThaCrusty1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Battlefield 3 has stopped working" multiplayer and campaign. PC error message

★★★ Newbie

Was trying to record with bandicam, then when i pressed alt-tab battlefield when white screen and i force quit it. (right clicking icon and clicking quit.)

Tried to join server today and it stopped working.

Joins server, displays "initializing" the battlefield 3 icon pops up and then it crashes. Was working yesterday. Reinstalled battlefield 3 and origin and restarted computer.

same thing happened when trying to play campaign.

I tried to repair the files through origin but it said they were fine.

Not sure what else to do :/

I'm having a feeling its a software issue

system specs:

Windows 7 64bit

intel i5 3570K

16gb ram

gtx 660

128 ssd (with battlefield installed and only around 2-3gb free)

1tb hdd

gigabyte ga b75m motherboard

corsair 650W power supply

Message 1 of 5 (2,647 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" multiplayer and campaign. PC error message

Community Manager (retired)

At first, please check your latest video-card driver and check what version of the origin client is installed on your computer. Install the newest driver for your video card. Please download the latest physx driver. You can try to use a different or beta driver built from Nvida.

As you already tried to un-installt BF3, following troubleshooting step from the battlelog community could help to solve your issue:

1: Navigate to {PC username} > My Documents >Battlefield 3 > settings
2: Find a file named PROF_SAVE_BODY. Open this file, if it is completely blank you possibly found the reason for your issue,

3: Backup this file.
4: Delete this file.
5: Then open Origin and right click on Battlefield 3 in your game library.
6: Select "Show Game Details" and select the "Cloud storage" option next to "Details".
7: Deactivate cloud storage for Battlefield 3 or for all Origin games.
8: Now you can join a server. Battlefield 3 will notice that the file is missing and make a replacement file, this file will be using correct data and your problem should now be resolved.

Our user libever created a really good collection about crash and other troubleshooting guides. Check his topic and keep in mind that not all workarounds are included in the first page. There might be some really good workarounds worth to try.

Please keep us updated!

Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,808 Views)

All Replies

Re: "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" multiplayer and campaign. PC error message

Community Manager (retired)

At first, please check your latest video-card driver and check what version of the origin client is installed on your computer. Install the newest driver for your video card. Please download the latest physx driver. You can try to use a different or beta driver built from Nvida.

As you already tried to un-installt BF3, following troubleshooting step from the battlelog community could help to solve your issue:

1: Navigate to {PC username} > My Documents >Battlefield 3 > settings
2: Find a file named PROF_SAVE_BODY. Open this file, if it is completely blank you possibly found the reason for your issue,

3: Backup this file.
4: Delete this file.
5: Then open Origin and right click on Battlefield 3 in your game library.
6: Select "Show Game Details" and select the "Cloud storage" option next to "Details".
7: Deactivate cloud storage for Battlefield 3 or for all Origin games.
8: Now you can join a server. Battlefield 3 will notice that the file is missing and make a replacement file, this file will be using correct data and your problem should now be resolved.

Our user libever created a really good collection about crash and other troubleshooting guides. Check his topic and keep in mind that not all workarounds are included in the first page. There might be some really good workarounds worth to try.

Please keep us updated!

Basti

Message 2 of 5 (2,809 Views)

Re: "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" multiplayer and campaign. PC e

★★★★★ Newbie
Well I guess they never kept you updated. However I had the same issue, and that fixed it, so thank you
Message 3 of 5 (1,583 Views)

White screen problem while trying to join multiplayer servers

★★★★★ Newbie

I just wanted to ask you all about a problem that i am experiencing. The thing is, I can not join multiplayer servers. Game just gets me to white screen and it crashes without any error message. Can anyone help me about it?

My computer has 8GB ram, Nvidia geforce 940m and intel i7 5500u 2.40ghz.

Message 4 of 5 (1,292 Views)

Re: White screen problem while trying to join multiplayer servers

Community Manager

@shadaslasy 

Please create a new post so we can troubleshoot this with you, I'll be locking this post since it's quite old. Please upload a DxDiag so we can take a look at your system specifications. I also included some PC troubleshooting steps in the link below that could help.

This post is originally from 2013 and if the solution in this one didn't work we'll want to create a new post to avoid Necroposting. 

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

AHQ Rules

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,253 Views)