black screen loading BF3

by Lunelli_98

Original Post

Accepted Solution

black screen loading BF3

★★ Guide

I got a black screen right after the game opens and it doesnt move forward after it. Does NOT matter if I am playing campaign or multiplayer. I tried to disable origin in game but it didnt help.

Help pls

Message 1 of 10 (5,742 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: black screen loading BF3

Hero (Retired)

Hello @Lunelli_98

Have you tried to Repair the game in Origin client and reinstall/update your graphics driver?

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (6,050 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @Lunelli_98

Have you tried to Repair the game in Origin client and reinstall/update your graphics driver?

Message 2 of 10 (6,051 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Lunelli_98

I am really sorry for those troubles with Battlefield 3. It does sounds like a GPU drivers-caused issue. Can you try to perform the Clean install for you GPU drivers and let us know how it goes? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 10 (5,720 Views)

★★ Guide
Hey, i used the repair option from origin for the game. It worked!

Thanks for the help
Message 4 of 10 (5,713 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Archi @IIPrest0nII

Hey,

so I tried to open it again today and Origin starts downloading the 4 main DLCs for the game. I also got the black screen back. Any ideas?

Message 5 of 10 (5,683 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello @Lunelli_98

Have you tried to reinstall your graphics driver as was mentioned above ? Can you please post your PC specification? 

Message 6 of 10 (5,672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@IIPrest0nII

hey, sure!

My specs are:

I7-4790K

MSI Z97 Gaming 7 (MB)

32 GB 1866 ddr3

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G

Windows 10 64 bits

P.S. I will reinstall the graphics drivers and get back to you.

Thanks

Message 7 of 10 (5,660 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello...Did you fix it? I have the same problem.

Please, can someone help with this? I can't play campaing or online. The icon is in the task bar, but opens just a black screen, no sound. Minutes later it cloeses itself and battlel,og page says that can't connect to EA server..Firewall is out, etc, and I can play other games, like Star Wars BF 2 in Origin with no issues.

I reinstalled drivers, the game itself, nothing works.

Message 8 of 10 (4,716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I know this is an old thread but I just encountered this problem and found the solution in case anyone else runs in it. I'm running a GTX 1070, which has 1 HDMI and 2 DP. I had my DP cord plugged into one of the outputs and in game, the screen would go black everytime I died. The only way to get it back was to press the windows button on my keyboard and then go back to the game. Well, I was about to remove my DP cord and try my HDMI cable but figured I might try the other DP port. Once I plugged it in, I went back into the game and it worked, no more black screens after every death.

And before, I couldn't even access the video settings because it would kick me out of the game every time I tried and now I can access that menu just fine.

Oh and btw, repairing the game within Origin would do nothing since it's a GPU issue and not a game issue. Also, reinstalling the driver did nothing as well.

Message 9 of 10 (3,871 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 3 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (3,481 Views)