battlefield 3 won't install

by gogul1

Original Post

Re: battlefield 3 won't install

★★★ Newbie

Yeah indeed there's a "EAInstaller" folder that his hidden, but every time I make it visible again and press "Install" to install BF3, after some seconds the folder will be back to hidden and I'm ready to press "Install" over and over again. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Anyone getting the same issue? Maybe a problem for Origin to access that folder or something?

Message 11 of 20 (2,442 Views)

★★ Novice

@gomwonil wrote:

Yeah indeed there's a "EAInstaller" folder that his hidden, but every time I make it visible again and press "Install" to install BF3, after some seconds the folder will be back to hidden and I'm ready to press "Install" over and over again. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Anyone getting the same issue? Maybe a problem for Origin to access that folder or something?

i have the same issue my english is bad :/

Message 12 of 20 (2,385 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was freaking out because I had the same probelm, but all I did was

Re-installed DirectX

Restarted my computer

And then ran origin. 

(I would run it as Administrator)

And then it worked! So if none of the other things work for you, you can try this! 

Message 13 of 20 (2,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having this same issue.

Patiently awaiting some kind of official response to fix this, since support is useless.

Message 14 of 20 (2,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks worked like a charm

Message 15 of 20 (1,733 Views)

★ Novice

didn't help me ,, it's still in the installing loop

Message 16 of 20 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey bro!
This is what it was usefull to me, just a few seconds ago y did it and it worked.
Go to the properties of the "touchup.exe", in the main folder of the game, and set de compatibility for W8 and "run as admin".
Then, tur off origin and do the same to the "origin.exe". Once you'd done that, "right click" on origin and "run as admin" and install the game.
HOPE IT WORK FOR YOU!

Message 17 of 20 (1,544 Views)

★★ Novice
"I had the same problem and I was going bananas over it. I downloaded the game (19,9Gb) several times and re-installed Origin..nothing helped. Buuuut..after a few days searching the internet I found this:

Under your C/ Program Files/ or Program Files (x86) depending on your system, there is a folder named Common Files and under it you should find EAInstaller.

That very folder was invisible and therefore for some reason unaccessable by Origin thus not being able to install the game. I made the files visible again and VOILÁ I am dukin' it out in Kharkand again

I hope you guys are helped by this..and please if you are, spread it to others!!!"

Worked!! At last I found how to fix it. It seems that folder was hidden for some reason. Just made it visible again and it's installing as it should. THX!
Message 18 of 20 (1,250 Views)

★ Novice

This worked perfectly, thanks!

Message 19 of 20 (643 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 3 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 20 of 20 (619 Views)