battlefield 3 won't install

by gogul1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield 3 won't install

★★★ Newbie

Hi I recently downloaded Battlefield 3 premium on Origin. It downloaded ok but when I click install it says "installing" for about 20 seconds and then stops. No errors, no beeps, it just begins again at the start like an installing loop. Is there a fix for this? I tried editing the registry like people advised but it doesn't work. I have an M17XR3 with Nvidia 680M graphics card installed so its very new and up to date.

I have firefox as my default browser.

Message 1 of 20 (17,796 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: battlefield 3 won't install

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem and I was going bananas over it. I downloaded the game (19,9Gb) several times and re-installed Origin..nothing helped. Buuuut..after a few days searching the internet I found this:

Under your C/ Program Files/ or Program Files (x86) depending on your system, there is a folder named Common Files and under it you should find EAInstaller.

That very folder was invisible and therefore for some reason unaccessable by Origin thus not being able to install the game. I made the files visible again and VOILÁ I am dukin' it out in Kharkand again

I hope you guys are helped by this..and please if you are, spread it to others!!!

WORKED THANK YOU VERY MUCH AS I WOULD NOT HAVE FIGURED THAT OUT MYSELF

View in thread

Message 10 of 20 (17,935 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 20 (17,745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope all of the above does not work. Frustrated now as I cannot work out why this is happening. Why is Origin failing to install a game it has had a year to get right? Everything is up to date.

When I log onto battlelog it says game must be installed but when I try it does the same install loop. Can I install manually? Surely Origin has known about this long enough to patch fix it?

Message 3 of 20 (17,736 Views)

Hero (Retired)

well try run origin as admin reinstall origin https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/beta/8.6.1.39/OriginSetup.exe

Message 4 of 20 (17,734 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i got the same problem with mine. i downloaded it it wen to orgin and it said to install i wait 30 sec and it says the same thing i did it 40 times and did the same thing idk wat to do plses help me it just loops i dont know. its like it wont install i even installed the exspantions

Message 5 of 20 (17,658 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem and I was going bananas over it. I downloaded the game (19,9Gb) several times and re-installed Origin..nothing helped. Buuuut..after a few days searching the internet I found this:

Under your C/ Program Files/ or Program Files (x86) depending on your system, there is a folder named Common Files and under it you should find EAInstaller.

That very folder was invisible and therefore for some reason unaccessable by Origin thus not being able to install the game. I made the files visible again and VOILÁ I am dukin' it out in Kharkand againStandard smile

I hope you guys are helped by this..and please if you are, spread it to others!!!

Message 6 of 20 (17,238 Views)

★★ Novice

nope i dont have the file!

Message 7 of 20 (16,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. This is a stupid way to go about installing a game

Message 8 of 20 (16,805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried all these methods I'm writing this game off as lost money. No more EA games for me

Message 9 of 20 (16,803 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Under your C/ Program Files/ or Program Files (x86) depending on your system, there is a folder named Common Files and under it you should find EAInstaller.

That very folder was invisible and therefore for some reason unaccessable by Origin thus not being able to install the game. I made the files visible again and VOILÁ I am dukin' it out in Kharkand again

WORKED THANK YOU VERY MUCH AS I WOULD NOT HAVE FIGURED THAT OUT MYSELF

Message 10 of 20 (17,936 Views)