battlefield 3 without updating

by abdra_96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield 3 without updating

★★★ Newbie

i have a slow internet connection and i want to play the game wiyhout updating it   pleas some one help me!!!

Message 1 of 10 (4,124 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: battlefield 3 without updating

★★ Guide

I'm sorry, but you will need to have the game fully updated before you can play with other people online or even in the single player.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (4,754 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

I'm sorry, but you will need to have the game fully updated before you can play with other people online or even in the single player.

Message 2 of 10 (4,755 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can play it in singleplayer / campaign by click origin and selecting Go offline. That should allow you to play campaign without updating or using the internet. There are no LAN though. You have to update to play multiplayer.

So hope this helps.

Message 3 of 10 (3,806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes you can.

Just follow my steps-

1) Go to this website - [Edit by EA_Kristi - I am not 100% sure on this link, so I have removed it. @geekynicks If you have questions send me PM]

2) Upload your bf3.par file which you can find in your Battefield 3 folder.

3) Click Submit and a different bf3.par file wil be downloaded.

4) Replace the downloaded bf3.par and move it to original Battlefield 3 folder.

5) Hold Shift and Right Click ,then select open command line here, then enter this command - start bf3.exe singleplayer

This is a legit method and wont harm your origin account. You can play multiplayer too without updating the game.

Message 4 of 10 (3,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie

http://par.nofate.me/

Works perfectly

Message 5 of 10 (3,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey buddy, this worked perfect, you are the VIP...after I did what you said, I just had to log into EA account to verify the disc, I also had to log on to the Battlelog page, I switched off my internet and then went back to shift plus right click to command, I copied and pasted what you said, hit enter and the game started up beautifully...thanks a million

Message 6 of 10 (2,760 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How do you play multiplayer without updating?
Message 7 of 10 (2,733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It seems multiplayer is not on the disc, you have to download it from Origin, it's just under 15 GB

Message 8 of 10 (2,711 Views)

★★★ Newbie
how do you open the command line
Message 9 of 10 (1,175 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Please do not necro/bump old threads. If you have questions, please create your own thread.

Closed.

Message 10 of 10 (1,164 Views)