Re: battlefield 3 fps drop

by kylerandom199

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield 3 fps drop

★ Novice

Hello everyone I really need your help 

two weeks ago I bought the game bf3 and it worked perfectly and a week alter I went to summer camp and yesterday I came back and I started having an a fps drop and its driving me crazy so please help me 

my specs are

Intel core i5  2.8 GHz

nvidia geforce 560 

win 7 64-bit ultimate 

thanks for all helpers

Message 1 of 2 (2,587 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

You could go into your video card settings and turn on v-sync and triple buffering; with these settings turned on, it should make the FPS drops less severe. For instance, if you ran the game around 60 FPS and then it dropped to around 15, with these settings on, it'll make your driver run the game at at least half the maximum FPS, so around 30 instead of 15. This won't solve your problem, but it will at least make the drops less severe. 

The nvidia drivers are notorious for their frame rate drops, and I can attribute to that as well. I don't think there is any way to truly solve the FPS drops, but with v-sync and triple buffering, it should make the drops less jarring. 

Sorry I couldn't help more, but perhaps someone else can give some more tips to solve the FPS drops. Good luck Confusedmileyhappy:!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,698 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

You could go into your video card settings and turn on v-sync and triple buffering; with these settings turned on, it should make the FPS drops less severe. For instance, if you ran the game around 60 FPS and then it dropped to around 15, with these settings on, it'll make your driver run the game at at least half the maximum FPS, so around 30 instead of 15. This won't solve your problem, but it will at least make the drops less severe. 

The nvidia drivers are notorious for their frame rate drops, and I can attribute to that as well. I don't think there is any way to truly solve the FPS drops, but with v-sync and triple buffering, it should make the drops less jarring. 

Sorry I couldn't help more, but perhaps someone else can give some more tips to solve the FPS drops. Good luck Confusedmileyhappy:!

Message 2 of 2 (2,699 Views)