Re: Why Won't Multiplayer Work On BF3 Xbox 360

by dvu2926

Original Post

Why Won't Multiplayer Work On BF3 Xbox 360

★★★ Newbie
I just downloaded BF3 form Xbox live gold and it won't let me play multiplayer, Can Simone help me.
Message 1 of 9 (6,007 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@RyDaFry25723 Do you get any error messages? Have you tried to reboot your router (turn off and remove power cable for 5 min. Then turn on it back)? Also, try to power cycle http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

Message 2 of 9 (5,963 Views)

★ Novice
I have the same problem, downloaded free with games with gold, downloaded updates. All other xbox live connectivity for other games have no problem. Tried clearing the cache, checked storage for corrupted files no problem. Anything other than campaign mode screen goes dim and just locks up. Can access the store but clicking on anything it just locks up again. Feels like a bit of a farce and that it only is maybe allowing campaign mode because its a free title. Sigh. I'll keep trying stuff. No error messages
Message 3 of 9 (5,957 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to download the online pass for anything other than the campaign to work. When you click multiplayer in the game, it asks you to enter the online pass code (if you had bought a disk back in the day) or purchase the online code. If you click purchase online pass, it will take you to a new screen. The online pass is free, and once you get it you go to your xbox one home screen, Battlefield 3 manage game (Using the the button on the xbox one controller that has three lines on it) -> and it will show under Ready to Install. Install and then restart Battlefield 3 and it should work.

Message 4 of 9 (5,941 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also when you are in a queue and it opens up, it gives you a network issue error. Just quickly join again and it puts your right in. Seems like a small glitch for some reason.

Message 5 of 9 (5,939 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah I don't get prompted for an online pass it just dims the screen and hangs there. There is no online pass download in the DLCs section on xbox marketplace nor the bf3 store. I read that ea have done away with online passes for their games recently on IGN.
Message 6 of 9 (5,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie
No... It's a part of the download. You have to go to purchase passcode. It will download for free. It did this too yesterday and played all night. This morning though, I'm having the same issues. Won't let me access the servers. Giving me the error *.
Message 7 of 9 (5,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same.

Message 8 of 9 (2,511 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ShumanHield wrote:
Yeah I don't get prompted for an online pass it just dims the screen and hangs there. There is no online pass download in the DLCs section on xbox marketplace nor the bf3 store. I read that ea have done away with online passes for their games recently on IGN.

@ShumanHield Go to manage game (on Xbox One) and then to the DLC portion and you should see the online pass listed for free. If you're still using 360 then go to the store page and look through all of the DLC to see the free online pass.

EA did away with online passes years ago but for older games that used them you still must download the free version to play online. If you have the version with the Limited Edition redownload that one and not the free version.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 9 of 9 (2,477 Views)